Chapter 35 pt. 1

*So this chapter ended up being incredibly long; a lot longer than I thought it would be, so I split it into two parts. Both will be uploaded today! But yeah, I think I like the second part a lot better, although this one has some pretty important info in it.*

Charlie’s POV

“Are you sure about the blonde, Eleanor?”

“Yes. It’s going to look amazing on you. I can tell,” she beams, letting my damp chocolate brown locks fall freely from the towel.

“But why are you giving me a makeover?”

She spins me around in the chair in front of her vanity. “Because we have somewhere to go tonight, after your night class.” She starts combing through the tangles. “And plus, I think it’s time for a change.”

“Where are we going?”

“Not important. But you can bring the baby, since I know you’ve got to drop him off to the sitter before class and pick him up after.” We both look at Marley, who lays on Eleanor’s gigantic bed kicking and squealing.

“Fine, fine. But I’m trusting you, so please...”

“Oh hush. I live for this type of thing.”

*

“Soooo…whadya think?” She sing songs, spinning me to face the mirror. Oh. Oh. It’s…oh.

“Wow,” I breathe. I never would have thought of going blonde, but I really like it. “It’s so…light. And straight. And long,” I can’t help but run my fingers through it, admiring the slight cut that shapes my face. I feel like a completely different person.

“How did you…how do you know how to do this stuff?”

“I’ve got a knack for it, I guess you could say. That’s why I want to be a personal stylist,” she smiles. “Oh, and before I forget, here. I want you to wear this.” She hands me a pair of black high waisted skinny jeans and a black button up cropped top. “And I’m lending you my most prized possessions, so for the love of God, Don’t. Mess.Them. Up.” She lowers her eyes at me, before handing over a black handbag and black flats with a pointed toe. “That means lose them, throw up on them, spill something on them, scuff them, anything you think you shouldn’t do…don’t.”

“Got it,” I smirk.

“The shoes are Louboutin and the handbag is Dior.” Oh, she’s really warning me.

“Oh my.” Well, now I’m definitely not letting these out of my sight all night; wherever we’re going.

“Now. Hurry and get dressed so I can do your makeup, or you’re going to be late. And I’ll meet you outside of you class at 9:15, then we’ll go to Zayn’s house warming.”

What?!

But before I have time to argue, she’s shoving me towards her private bathroom, starting a 60 second countdown.

I better hurry.

//

“Hey, sorry. I know I said I’d be here at 5, but I got held up with something. And now I’m gonna be late for my night class,” I sigh.

“Sure you did Char,” she leans against the door frame, smirking. “Don’t act like no one can see that huge ass ring on your finger,” she awkwardly chuckles. “And that new hair you’ve got goin’ on…I’m diggin it.”

“Shut up,” I smile. I’ve kind of gotten used to making the ring part of my everyday attire. And I must admit, it goes with the outfit El gave me for tonight. It’s still weird to look down sometimes and see it, though; and I definitely get really self conscious when I wear it, almost like I shouldn’t be wearing it in the first place.