Chapter 9

Charlie's POV

So needless to say, I was pretty stunned by Luke asking me out. But nonetheless, I agreed to go. I'm excited, scared, nervous, everything. All I know is I'm gonna need someone to help me get ready for it because me lack of wardrobe isn't going to cut it. 

**flashback**

I look into his bright blue eyes for any hint of doubt. I couldn't have possibly heard him right. "M-me? Like you wanna ask me out?" Couldn't be.

He chuckles a bit before biting at his bottom lip. "Yeah, you. Is there another Charlotte Charlie Char Dunn around here that I don't know about?"

My eyes fall to my Zebra socks, focusing on the part where the zebra print meets the blue. And I'm pretty sure he just saw me gulp-how attractive. I can't believe-I don't know what...why? "Um, do you think that's a uh, good um, idea?" I ask.

"Do you think it's not a good idea?" he retorts, slinging an arm around my shoulders. He pulls me into his body and I find myself finding it difficult to relax. I don't think I've ever been on a date. This could go a number of different ways, and everything's pointing to it being a train wreck. "Char?"

"Um, no. Yes? No. Shoot. I don't know. It's just...I have a-my situation is...well, it's complicated, to say the least. I have work tomorrow until 8 and...it's just...I don't understand..." I stop, my words failing me again. I'm clearly so good at communication.  

"You don't understand what? Why I'm asking you out? Because I like you. I think you're a cool girl-one of the coolest girls I've met, actually," he says with ease. Oy vey.

"Oh." I honestly don't know what to say. Probably thank you. But I can't help but wonder why he actually wants to go out with me out of all the other options. He's a senior in college, smart, really frickin' cute and passionate about his music. He could make any girl happy. But he chose me-the girl with the baby. The girl with no family, and no money. Nothing, but 19 year old me and my 3 month old baby.

 But I remember a little conversation, and realize maybe I should quit with the self pity.

"So how's Tuesday night sound?"

I ended up falling asleep in there (who knew the guitar could be so tiring), and Luke didn't bother to wake me up until it was time for me to get ready for class. I quietly slip out of the room and make my way back to my own. I know it probably looks really bad, but no one has to know that I didn't sleep in my own room. Plus, nothing happened anyway.

When I go to open the door though, I would walk into Zayn. Coming out of the shower. With just a towel wrapped around his lower half, displaying his glistening tattoos and skin. And not to mention, his jet black hair's dripping thick droplets of water that run down his neck.

Oh my...bless.

STOP. IT. CHARLIE.

"Good morn--" I break the silence first.

"Where were you?" he interrupts, effectively halting me from raking my eyes up and down his naked torso. I feel my cheeks redden with embarrassment over a lot of different things at this point.

"I was um..." And yeah, I'm having a really hard time telling Zayn where I was, because I know he's going to overreact-that's like, his thing. And it really was nothing.

"You were um..." he trails off, not even bothering to hide the irritation in his voice.

"I stayed in Luke's room last night."