Chapter 94

Zayn's POV

"Zayn, wait!" I hear Charlie call from behind me. But I continue to make my way through the parking lot. I just wanna get the fuck out of here. Stupid fucking shrinks. I had no intention of going in there and breaking down like that.

"Babe, please," I hear her wheezing behind me, which in all honesty, is why I stop. She's trying to run after me; what the hell is she thinking?

Turning around, I see her a few meters away. None of this is fair to her-none of it. I really am bringing everyone down with me. Before I can even begin to apologize to her, her arms are around my waist, her head in my chest. "I'm so sorry, Zayn. I shouldn't have made you go. This is all my fau-"

"No," I manage to grumble. "Nothing is your fault. I should have never brought you into this. You deserve so much better than me. And I knew that, I always did. And now look what's happened. Charlie, I'm so sorry."

"Stop it," she grits. "I love you and you love me and I can deal with this. We can deal with this, damn it. And I wouldn't take any of it back-nothing that I've experienced with you. I love you just as you are, you know that. I always have. And I always will, no matter what happens," she whispers. "God, Zayn. You've got to let go of this guilt. It's gonna tear you apart and I...I can't watch that happen to you because you're an amazing person."

I don't say anything; just close my eyes and hold her. Letting go and dealing with everything that I'm feeling is so much easier said than done. But she makes me wanna try.

"We're gonna be alright, Zee. We are, I know it."

Three Months Later

Harry's POV

"Will you just-yeah I know, Zayn. I know it has to be perfect." I roll my eyes, because honestly, I don't know why I've gotten myself involved this time. I'm exhausted from football practice, but the show must go on, right? Anything for my favorite ship in the world?

"Yeah, hold on. Hold on, they just arrived with the cake. No...yes. Yes. You know, this would be a thousand times simpler if you would just skip out on work and come fucking help us. You know, instead of sitting at home and barking orders. Being the boss man's really going to your head, boyfriend...well, you've called me every half an hour for the past three hou-"

"Harry can you help me hang this up?" Eleanor shouts from across the room, struggling with a big banner.

"Alright, gotta go, Zaynie. No, you just make sure you have her here at three. Goodbye. GOODBYE, CONVERSATION OVER."

Christ.

Hanging up the phone, I make my way over to El. "He's so damn difficult." I eye the large banner with Charlie's Baby Shower spelled out in a pale green cursive amongst a background of elephants, zebras and giraffes. "Christ, this banner must've cost Zayn a shit ton of money."

"Well, actually," Eleanor starts, "Laura paid for the banner." I glance over at Charlie's boss, who stands with Bryson, trying to set up the gift table. "It's been a huge tug-of-war between the two of them."

"I think we managed to work something out. That kid's nuts over that girl," Laura chuckles, looking up at El and I. Oh, you don't know the half of it lady.

"I know; my chances with him are below zero now. Fucking Charlie; getting pregnant and shit," Bryson adds. Laura just rolls her eyes, continuing with the pale yellow table cloth. Being the stubborn mules known as Charlie and Zayn, they still refuse to find out what they're having. So a unisex shower it is.

"Watch it," El laughs. "That's Harry's boyfriend you're talking about. I'm pretty sure he's had dibs since two years ago."

"Fucking A; that's the Z to my Zarry."