Chapter 13

Zayn's POV

I saw her come in the house with Marley's car seat. I honestly don't even know where she took him for most of the day. But I know that I would have watched him since I finished my classes early on (or I'd make one of the guys watch him), but that's kind of hard to organize when Charlie and I are not even fucking speaking to each other.

I don't think she saw me when she first came in (which might be a good thing, because I may or may not have been trailing kisses up the side of Aspen's neck.) But I fucking saw her go up the stairs with Luke right behind her. Again. And that's exactly the reason I went up after them.

And I know I fucked up this morning, but I can explain that. Again. I did actually go to the studio last night- I wasn't lying about that part. But it just so happened that I ran into Aspen there (she had some project for one of her bullshit classes to do.) I was going to bring Marley back to the house before I went with Aspen, but I didn't want Charlie asking me any more fucking questions, to be honest.

I push Aspen off of my lap, trudging up the familiar stair case.

When I walk in to my room- since I'm assuming Charlie's taken Marley to bed, I'm beyond fucking pissed when I see Luke there, let alone what I hear him say. He has the nerve to be on my bed with my son in his arms. That's not gonna fucking fly, whether he's fucking my son's mother or not.

And they haven't even noticed me yet. 

"Doubtful," I state with so much anger when I hear him mutter something about possibly adopting Marley in the future. Like hell that's gonna happen; over my dead body, in fact.

"Z-Zayn," Charlie mumbles.

"Well look at you being all observant and shit," I state, with much more anger than I should have, walking over and grabbing Marley out of Charlie's firm grip. Marley begins to squeal and playfully throw his arms about, as Luke and Charlie awkwardly sit there. I feel my temper getting the best of me and I know I need to leave the room (with my son, of course) before I give Luke a piece of my mind-something I've been trying to avoid.

I leave without saying anything to either one of them and make my way to Harry and Louis' bedroom. Harry went to bang some chick but he's back now, and I plan on making use of him since he won't drink tonight.

"Watch him. I need to smoke, but I'll be right back." Harry lies on the bed, back against the headboard in just gray pajama bottoms, absorbed in some television show. He doesn't even glance up when he sees me, but when I lay Marley on the bed next to him, he moves to lay him on his chest.

I walk back downstairs to where the rest of the party is, and I don't see Luke or Charlie (not that I'm looking for them or anything, because who gives a fuck about them at this point.) I grab the familiar pack of cigarettes out my pocket and light up once I've made it to the back deck. I'm completely absorbed in my own world until I see an orange glow a couple of feet down from where I'm standing, followed by the smell that brings relief to my stress.

I've seen this girl somewhere before, but I'm not sure where. Dear God; hopefully not someone else I don't remember having sex with.

She inhales the smoke, letting it flow out through her mouth and nostrils, before peering up at me  while holding the joint between her fingers and walking over closer.

"You don't mind if I like, smoke this, do you?" she inquires, glancing up at me, with actual concern in her voice.

"No, go for it," I respond, taking another drag from my cigarette-not really in the mood to talk. "As long as you don't smoke it inside, I could give two shits about what you do."