Chapter 53

Zayn’s POV

I surely must have misheard. Because it almost sounded like Harry just said she raised my fucking kid in an abandoned house.

When I had a place for him to live.

I couldn’t have heard right. “What the fuck did you just say?” I’ve got to make sure.

“I said, she went from abandoned house to abandoned house with Marley cause she was homeless,” Harry reiterates. Mother fucker, that…she…that can’t be right. But judging by the way Charlie and everyone else is looking at me; I know that’s exactly what he said.

Breathe Zayn. Just…just…just fucking breathe. God, I’m trying. I’m trying so hard to just…be calm. I clench and unclench my fists, take in a couple breaths and close my eyes momentarily, everything you’re supposed to do to rid yourself of anger. But it’s not enough to shake off the feelings of annoyance due to pure fucking stupidity on her part.

“Zay--” Charlie starts.

“We’re leaving.” I abruptly stand up from the table, my three sisters standing with me.

“Zayn, wait! Hear me out!” Charlie grabs my arm, but I shake her off.

“Wait for fucking what? What can you possibly say to me to make me any less pissed off? How could you be so fucking stupid? You and a newborn baby slept in some random fucking house, in a really shitty part of town, I’m sure, since you didn’t have shit. Who knows what the hell could have happened to the two of you!”I lash out before I have the chance to fully process what I’m saying. She looks taken aback by my tone and my words.

“Don’t you think you’re overreacting, mate?” I vaguely hear Harry yell out. “She didn’t really have any other ch--”

“Shut the hell up, Harry. I think you’ve said enough for tonight,” I spit, moving for the door. Charlie better be fucking coming, or I’ll leave her here, I can guarantee that. I almost want to leave her here anyway.

Didn’t have any other choice? Of course she had a God damned choice. She could have come to me for help; it’s not like I would have denied her, especially if she told me she had nowhere to go. I wouldn’t do that, no matter how much of a dick I am, especially not to the mother of my child. I ignore the fact that this new information lines up with the fact that her parents kicked her out. Speaking of, if they kicked her out, where the hell were we meeting all those times she had me meet her at her ‘house?’ Was it even her house?

Probably not.

She could have just fucking asked me. But no…she was too fucking proud to ask for any sort of help.

Like you should be talking, my subconscious snickers. Don’t fucking start with me. 

The decisions she makes with Marley don’t only affect her; something I’m not so sure she understands. She’s so damn stubborn. He’s mine too. How does she think I feel knowing my kid slept in rundown, shitty houses, instead of sleeping in a bed that was his? In a safe and warm environment? Something he could have had with me, dammit.

I need to get the fuck out of here before I explode on someone. Luckily they’ve all followed-my sisters, Charlie, and Marley- me to the car. I don’t want to argue with her in front of my sisters, and I semi-refrained from doing it in front of a million people back there, because God knows there’s plenty more where that came from.  

We get into the car, the silence like music to my ears. Until Safaa starts to speak. “Zayn, where are we going?”

“To sight see. And then I got tickets to see the Lion King later.” The girls erupt in cheers and out of my peripheral vision, I can see Charlie’s eyebrows scrunch in confusion. Probably wondering what the hell I’m doing. No need in spoiling their fun; they’re not here that long as it is, and I know Waliyha wants to explore the city.