The Astronomy Tower

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ- 853

!ᴛᴡ!
sᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛ

————————————————————

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were walking down the busy hall back towards the Gryffindor common room.

"Just, sometimes all the sadness just comes crashing down, from . . . everything, I feel like I always have to protect my family." Ron said quietly.

"Yeah, I feel you, It'll get better," Harry said.

"What do you mean, you have no idea,"

"Yes I do,"

"No you don't, you have no idea how it feels."

"I know how it feels!"

Every head in the corridor turned towards the two boys.

"NO YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, CAN'T YOU SEE? YOU HAVE NO FAMILY, BOTH YOUR PARENTS ARE DEAD!"

Harry just stood there, stunned, his mouth hanging open. He stared at his best friend, he felt a tear fall down his face. He quickly wiped it away.

"WELL YOU WERE THE CLOSEST I THOUGHT I HAD TO F-FAMILY!" Harry shouted, his voice breaking. "Apparently not."

"Ron . . ." Hermione said.

Ron looked at Harry with anger in his eyes, but behind that there was the slightest bit of guilt.

Harry just stood there, still stunned from what Ron had just yelled. Everyone was staring at them.

"Well, you don't have a family anymore." Ron spat.

The entire corridor went silent.

Harry felt his breath hitch in his throat, he looked around before quickly walking off to the bathroom. He got in and ran over to one of the sinks, he splashed water on his face. He held the edge of the sink to keep his cries from knocking his whole body to the ground, he shook violently with each sob. It became increasingly harder and harder to breathe. He was sitting against the wall in the bathroom, hyperventilating.

What the hell was he going to do now?

—————————————————————

It had been a week since his and Ron's fight, it was weird to not talk to your best friends. Hermione didn't talk to him either, they weren't in the same house but they could still talk to him.

Harry would walk around school with a numb and blank expression plastered on his face, but when he got back to his dorm, he would sob into his 4-poster. He didn't know what to do. His life was in shambles.

Everyone,

I am so sorry that it had to end this way, I never wanted to go like this. It's just a lot to deal with. I hope you guys understand and don't grieve too much. I'm in a much better place now. I'm with my parents, Sirius, Remus, Fred, Tonks, Moody, I think you get it.

-Harry Potter

He left the note on his desk and left for the Astronomy Tower.

***

Draco came back to the dorms, he slumped onto his bed and noticed a piece of parchment on Harry's desk. He jumped up and read it.

"I am so sorry that it had to end this way, I never wanted to go like this. It's just a lot to deal with. I hope you guys understand and don't grieve too much. I'm in a much better place now. I'm with my parents, Sirius, Remus, Fred, Tonks, Moody, I think you get it."

"Oh, hell no." Draco said, he dropped the letter and ran to where, he hoped, Harry would be.

***

It's so peaceful up here, Harry thought. It's sad this will be the last time I'm ever up here. I'm going miss Hogwarts, I really do love this place.

Harry sighed.

Well, it's about time . . .

He walked over to the rails of the tower. He heard a bang on the door, it startled him so much he almost toppled off the edge.

"Harry! Harry, please! Don't do this, okay? Please!" Draco pleaded from the other side of the door.

"I'm sorry," Harry said.

"No, Harry, don't! Please! Don't do this, please!"

Harry felt a few tears slip down his cheek, he would miss Draco as well.

"I'm sorry, Draco." he said.

He started closer to the edge.

"HARRY, NO, PLEASE! I LOVE YOU! PLEASE, DON'T DO THIS!" Draco begged.

Harry stopped dead in his tracks.

Love?

He shook his head and started towards the edge again.

Draco tried everything to get the door open, he muttered the strongest unlocking spell Granger had used on his dorm room door in 3rd year, when it had gotten stuck shut, another one of the Weasley twins' pranks.

Harry was now at the very edge, he couldn't wait for it all to be over.

The door clicked.

Draco ran over to Harry, he jumped on top of him and they both fell to the ground.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER -" Draco shouted.

Harry shuttered a bit at the sudden violent tone.

Draco relaxed. "Why?" he asked quietly.

"I don't want to be here," he muttered, a tear slipping down his cheek.

Draco pulled him into a tight embrace.

Harry cried into the boy's robes.

"What did I do? Why does it hurt so much?"

"Sometimes things happen that we can't explain, but I'll be here with you, alright?"

Harry nodded slowly and buried his head deeper into Draco's chest.

𝙖𝙘𝙚 ☠︎︎