The Cuts

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ- 734

!ᴛᴡ!
sᴇʟғ ʜᴀʀᴍ
ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

——————————————————————

Harry walked through the halls of Hogwarts to his Potions class, this was the one class he had with Malfoy. Harry groaned just thinking about it.

Although, these past few days every time he thought about the blonde it would feel different from how he used to feel.

I don't know why this is happening, it's not like I fancy him or something. he thought. Well, this was a problem for another time.

Harry walked into Potions class and took a seat in the back, to hopefully finish the rest of his homework.

"Alright, today I am going to be assigning you partners to work on some things. We are going to be staying away from making potions for a little bit after the . . . incident." Snape said, glaring at Neville and Seamus. "Well, the partners are on the board." he finished.

The board read:
Parkinson and Granger
Mr. Weasley and Zabini
Potter and Malfoy
Goyle and Crabbe
Diggory and Miss Weasley

"I'm with Malfoy, I guess." Harry whispered to himself.

Draco walked over to where Harry was sitting and plopped down onto the chair, setting his stuff on the table. Harry noticed Draco didn't say anything to him, he didn't say anything, he didn't insult him, he didn't make fun of him, nothing. In fact, he looked quite sad, he held his chin up with the palm of his hand. Harry didn't notice he was staring until Draco looked over and met his eyes. Harry quickly turned away and focused on the classwork.

***

Draco had left to go to the bathroom fifteen minutes ago, he was probably skipping class.

"Potter." Snape said. "Go find Malfoy."

Harry sighed. "Alright." he said.

He got up and walked out of the room. He first checked the corridors, he wasn't there. "Well, I guess he's probably not skipping class then," Harry muttered to himself. He continued to walk down the hall until he got to Myrtle's bathroom. He heard quiet sobs, he pressed his ear up to the door and listened to make sure that's what he heard. He walked in and saw Draco sitting on the floor, crying.

"Malfoy?"

Draco looked up and met Harry's eyes, Harry could see all the pain and he wished he could just take it away.

"Go away, Potter." Draco said, wiping his face. It was quite shocking how normal he sounded, he didn't even sound like he had been crying.

"Draco, are you alright?" Harry asked.

Draco was taken aback by the use of his first name, more tears streamed down his face. Harry walked closer to Draco and sat down in front of him. He looked at Draco's arm and wasn't exactly prepared for what he saw. Going along his arm were around twenty cuts, clearly fresh as they were surrounded by blood.

"Draco . . ." Harry said, reaching for his arm.

Draco pulled away. "Just go away." he turned from the boy.

"I -"

"What, Potter?" Draco asked, standing up. "Why the hell are you even here?"

Harry stood up and looked at Draco, he was about to answer but was cut off once again.

"Seriously, why? No one likes me, I have no one. Everyone hates me because I took your side in the war, I helped you." Draco turned his head and met Harry's eyes.

"I care about you," Harry said quietly.

Draco looked into Harry's emerald green eyes.

"Harry, I -" Draco started but couldn't bring himself to finish, his eyes fell to the floor.

Harry looped his arms around Draco's neck and pulled him in close, Draco was shocked but quickly wrapped his arms around Harry. He cried into his shoulder, they stayed like that for a little while until Draco pulled away.

"Thanks for that, Harry." Draco said, wiping the rest of his tears with his hand.

"No problem, anytime." Harry said.

Harry turned to walk away,

"Wait,"

Harry turned around, a bit confused. "Yeah?" he asked.

Draco walked up to him. "Can I kiss you?" he asked quietly.

Harry was slightly shocked. "Yeah . . ." he responded.

Draco grabbed Harry's waist and pulled him into a kiss, Harry placed his arms around Draco's neck, one traveling into his hair. Draco licked Harry's bottom lip and Harry let him in, their tongues entangled. They stayed like that for what seemed like forever, enjoying the moment.

Harry pulled away. "Wow" He whispered.

"Wow, indeed."

𝙖𝙘𝙚 ☠︎︎