As if she felt someone's eyes on her, Eleanor looked around the room and she noticed Professor Curtis staring at her.

"Hi, Eleanor," Dale mouthed to her and nodded his head at her.

When she smiled at him, his eyes lit up. "Hi, Professor Curtis," She mouthed back.

"What you looking at back there?" Owen asked when he realized that Dale wasn't paying attention to their table or answering the questions they asked him. "Why on earth are you smiling at that table filled with negroes?" He quipped snarkily.

Dale smiled once more at Eleanor and turned to his idiotic friends with a blank face. "One of those colored women is my student, Eleanor. She's my best student,"

Owen laughed at Dale's description of the woman. "That's why you don't want someone to warm your bed. You already got a negra to do it for you, I hear they're really good at doing that." He spat rudely and shook his head.

"Say that again," Dale's tone was calm, but his eyes were anything but. They were raging with anger and darkness. He wanted to take Owen out back and teach him a lesson on how to talk about women.

Robert and Dirk both hoped that Owen would keep his mouth shut. They knew that Dale never spoke an empty threat.

"I'm not scared of you," Owen said with fake confidence.

Dale shrugged and took his pocket knife out of his pocket. He opened the top and began twirling it around in his hand.

"I just don't get what's so good about negroes. Hell musta froze over," Owen muttered and looked down to see Dale's pocket knife being stabbed around the table surrounding his hand. "W-what are you doing?"

Dale stabbed the knife right next to Owen's middle finger and stared him in the eye. "Just shut up before you regret speaking."

Owen gulped and nodded.

"Here's your order, gentlemen," The perky waitress said and placed a plate of food right in front of each man. "Enjoy!"

-

"I don't want you," Eleanor said plainly. Michael wanted to hound her about dating him, but she was getting tired of it.

Michael gripped his milkshake and inhaled. "You'll want me one day,"

Eleanor dipped her fry into her shake and after popping it into her mouth, she felt someone watching her.

After a minute of feeling the same thing, she turned around and saw Professor Curtis staring at her.

"Hi, Eleanor," He mouthed, which made her smile unintentionally.

"Hi, Professor Curtis!" She mouthed back but turned back to the table when she heard a gasp.

Michael's face was filled with anger at what he saw. "That's just rich! You don't want me because you really are a honky lover." He said with an accusing tone.

"I'd much rather a white man over you," She was being honest too. Michael made her upset, he was much worse than Professor Curtis was when he was rude.

Michael slammed his milkshake glass on the table and his veins were now prominent displaying his anger. "You're such an ignorant coon!"

Eleanor looked around at her friends waiting for them to defend her, but it broke her heart when she realized that she was all alone in her fight against Michael. Her friends always let Michael talk crap about her.

Tears filled her eyes as she shot up from her seat. "I can't believe that my own friends would let someone talk to me that way," She whispered heartbrokenly.

Without taking a look back, Eleanor stormed out of the diner and went straight to her father's car.

"Eleanor!" She heard and shook her head. She was not in the mood to talk to any of her horrible friends.

"I don't want to talk to any of you!" She yelled and turned around. Her eyes widened. It wasn't any of her friends, it was Professor Curtis. "Oh, I'm sorry," She apologized softly and wiped the tears from her face.

Professor Curtis shrugged off her apology and took a step closer to her. "It's fine, why did you storm out like a babe?" He was concerned about her.

Eleanor laughed at being called a babe. "My friend, called me some very hurtful names, and my other friends just let him," She explained and began playing with her hair.

"Well they ain't nothin but a pound of-," He started but stopped. He noticed that Eleanor didn't like harsh words. "Sorry, I mean, you were right to leave. I'm not going to keep you from going home, but let me walk you to your car," He offered and she accepted.

When they made it to her car, Eleanor unlocked the door and Professor Curtis watched her get in and roll the window down.

"Thank you for walking me to my car, Professor Curtis," She said once the window was all the way down. She appreciated his kindness.

"Dale," He said and Eleanor's nose scrunched up in confusion. "Call me, Dale." He said, clearing up her confusion.

"Oh, well, thank you, Dale," She corrected herself and a soft smile rested on her face and lit up her eyes.

Dale nodded at her and removed his hands from the roof of her car. "Drive home safely, and have a good night," He muttered absent-mindedly. He couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked.

"Goodnight to you as well, Dale," Eleanor said and rolled the window up.

Dale watched Eleanor get out of the parking lot without any trouble, and once she was down the road he went back to his table.

No one asked where he was, or why he followed the colored woman out of the diner. They just acted as if he never left.

Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for Michael. He saw how the honky followed Eleanor out the door and he saw the way that he looked at her.

Michael needed a plan to get Eleanor to see how evil the white man truly was, but the question was how?

-

Authors Note

Go away, Michael! Stop being such a leech.

Dale and Eleanor are kind to each other and Dale thinks that she's beautiful. He likes herrrr!

Eleanor's friends really suck though, like Michael just crapped on her and they just sat there. Michael is poop. I really don't like him.

Those 'M' people. They're all over the place plotting evil.

I loved how Dale ran after Eleanor! It was considerate and it shows that he actually cares about her. Things have definitely changed since chapter one....

Anywho, keep your eyes open for evil and cute things!

Tell me your thoughts and opinions!

Bye!