MunchingUniverse/KKTato (Not In That Way)

Začít od začátku

Jason sighs, pulling me into a hug. "I won't make you, Tyler. It's just- I just hate seeing you this way."

"I'm so sorry, Jason, but I just- I can't. Thank you, though. Thank you for being the best friend I could ever ask for."

You will never know that feeling

You will never see through these eyes

"Please, Tyler, please tell him," Jason whispers. "For me?"

"Jason, I-"

"Please?" he begs. "It's torture seeing you like this. And anyways, who wouldn't love you?"

"... I guess... I'll do it."

I'd never ask you

I try to take deep, calming breaths as I begin the walk to Kyle's house. What if he doesn't feel the same? I'm 99% sure he won't feel the same! Why'd I let Jason talk me into this?

'Cause deep down

What if he pushes me away? What if he's disgusted by me? What if he refuses to be my friend anymore?

I'm certain

I walk up the path to his front door, trying my best to swallow my doubts.

I know what you'd say

I'm having trouble breathing properly as I knock on his door. So much for deep breaths.

You'd say, 'I'm sorry

Footsteps approaching the other side of the door.

'Believe me

Hands fiddling with the lock, twisting the door knob.

'I love you

"Hey, Tyler," Kyle greets me, happily throwing open the door.

"Hi," I manage to whisper.

'But not in that way.'

"What's wrong?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"I- I- Kyle, I- I've been holding this in for a long time because of fear, fear of rejection, fear of losing my best friend, but I- I-"

"Come on, Tyler, spit it out, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I- Well, I- I love you, Kyle."

"W-What?"

"Yeah. And not as a friend, as a- well, a much-more-than-a-friend."

A small "oh" escapes his mouth.

You'd say

"I'm sorry... Believe me, I love you- But not in that way."

Tears build up in my eyes at his words, and I manage a feeble nod before spinning on my heels and darting back down the path toward my own house.

A few minutes after I've arrived home, Jason bursts through the door. "Tyler! Where are you?"

"I-I'm in here," I call faintly, and soon Jason is slipping into my bedroom.

"Oh my Notch, Tyler, I am so sorry, I just- Kyle just called me, told me what happened, said he was worried about you- that jerk! Ugh, he doesn't have the right to be worried about you, not after what he did!" Jason rants, pacing back and forth across my bedroom. "If you weren't in love with him, I'd have beaten him to a bloody pulp by now!"

My eyes widen. "No, Jay, please don't!"

Jason frowns and sighs as he sits down on the bed next to me, putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me close. "I won't, Ty, you know I won't."

I nod, refusing to properly respond.

"Gosh, Tyler, I am so sorry. I truly thought you would be able to be happy with Kyle," Jason sighs again.

"So did I," I choke out. "I thought- I-I just-"

"If it helps, Ty, I- Um, I love you."

My breath hitches. "O-Oh, geez, I- I'm sorry, Jay, believe me, I love you, but..."

"I get it. 'Not in that way.'"