Lashton (The Beat of Love)

Title: The Beat of Love (omg that was cheesy what this doesnt even make sense woah im tired)

Pairing: Lashton (shut up they have a YouTube account so it totally counts)

Genre: Er, I don't know? They just talk. It's pretty boring, tbh.

Warning: NUPE NONE

Word Count: 515 holy snap i'm so sorry I swear i'll make it up to you with the kktato continuation that will be written EVENTUALLY

"Hey."

"Uh- hi."

"What's your name?"

"Luke. What's your name?"

"Ashton. Nice to meet you, Luke."

"Uh-huh. Why are you talking to me?"

"Well, then. If you're gonna be like that-"

"No! Don't leave! Er, I mean, I just- why are you talking to me, out of everyone in the room?"

"You are literally the only person in this entire room who is tapping the right beat to the song."

I raise an eyebrow as I glance down at my foot and realize I've been subconsciously tapping out the beat. "Oh, uh, well- well, I'm not the only one. Look, that girl over there is jumping to the beat."

"Oh, she's only five. She doesn't count," Ashton says, rolling his eyes as he stands next to me and leans back against the refreshments table behind us.

"Hmph. Why's it matter that I can tap the beat correctly?"

"Hey, it's not a bad thing!" he laughs. "Definitely not a bad thing. It's just that I can't stand all the people in this room who are jumping or swaying or tapping against the beat. Like, how hard is it to just tap the right freaking beat? I swear, it's like they aren't even listening to the song."

I chuckle. "Half of them aren't, you know. They're just dancing wildly because they feel like it."

"Yeah, but- still. I mean, it's just annoying. They're out there dancing, and I'm over here staring at them and willing them to sway to the right beat," he says, glaring at a couple on the dance floor.

"Why don't you go dance, then? Show them how it's done."

His eyes widen. "Ha, no. Never. I don't think so. I'm much better at drumming than I am at dancing."

"You're a drummer?"

He nods. "Do you play anything?"

"Guitar. And I sing."

"Cool." He glances around the loud, crowded room. "Hey, wanna leave these horrible dancers and hang out at my house? We can play a song or two together."

"I don't-"

"I have a guitar you can use."

"... Well..." I look around the room. It's not like I want to be here. I don't like socializing, I'm not a fan of dancing. I'm only here because my friend is getting married and apparently I'm supposed to support them or whatever by coming to the reception. (I missed the actual wedding, and they were not amused.)

"I guess we could-" I begin.

"Holy snap, Luke, look!" Ashton shouts, pointing across the room and jumping up and down like a three year-old. "Screw this table, they have a candy table!"

"A what!?" I ask, my eyes widening. They quickly fall on the table he's pointing at-

So. Much. Candy.

"I say we grab a few plastic cups, fill 'em with chocolate, candy canes, and jelly beans, and then ditch this place," Ashton suggests, eying the table.

"Hmm... Sounds like a plan."

☺☼☼

what even is this idk asldkjgsbfljd

I JUST WANTED TO WRITE A FRICKIN LASHTON OKAY

AND I JUST GOT BACK FROM A BORING WEDDING RECEPTION WHERE NO-FREAKING-ONE COULD TAP THE BEAT TO THE SONG CORRECTLY EXCEPT FOR THIS LITTLE FIVE YEAR OLD GIRL

AND BEFORE THAT I WAS AT A FUNERAL THINGY

AND BEFORE THAT I WAS AT A HOTEL WITH REALLY GOOD MUFFINS

AND BEFORE THAT I WAS AT A VISITATION THINGY

I DIDNT LIKE THAT, IT WAS WEIRD, UGH, MY COUSIN KATIE KEPT TRYING TO ENTER THE BOY'S BATHROOM

SHE SAW A DUDE USING THE URINAL AND THEN SHE FREAKED OUT AND RAN AWAY

UGH, I SWEAR SHE'S GONNA BE REALLY PERVERTED WHEN SHE GROWS UP

SHE'S ALREADY PERVERTED

KTHXBAII OH WAIT THANKS FOR 42k READS ON DJTL AND ALMOST 170 RULERS AND 2000 VOTES FOR MY ENTIRE ACCOUNT LIKE WOAH THANKS GUYS I LOVE YOU AND MAN I ALSO LOVE HOLDING DOWN THE SHIFT KEY FOR THESE LONG AUTHORS NOTES CAUSE IM TOO LAZY TO PUSH THE FRICKIN CAPS LOCK

YEAH

Okay, seriously, baii. :3