7 • A Baby

Later that day, Mark went home first, he needed to fill in some applications from the school

Later that day, Mark went home first, he needed to fill in some applications from the school. Taeyong had class anyway so he stayed there late. Lucas thought that it'll be fun to do something in the evening, so he came up with the idea of the roller skate rink.

Taeyong just finished class and is on his way to the bus stop. Doyoung is still the middle of a lecture and couldn't leave just yet. Winwin is just about to get off of work. Lucas is already at home, waiting for everyone to be done. Ten is just practicing a dance while waiting. Since Mark is home too, they just have to wait for Winwin and Doyoung.

Ten, Mark, Doyoung, Lucas, Winwin, and Taeyong had already become good friends with one another. Their squad all have good chemistry with each other, therefore, a web of friendships formed.

Taeyong was going to turn the corner for the bus stop until he heard a faint sound of... hiccups...? He stopped his steps and looked around for the unusual sound. He slightly crouch down and went closer to a tree, to where he believes the hiccups were coming from.

"What in the world...?"

Taeyong got a couple leaves out of the way and saw a baby, just in a carrier. The baby didn't seem to be crying, it had its eye widen open, curiously looking around the green space while hiccuping. Taeyong was beyond confused. What was he supposed to do? Should he take the baby? Should he just leave it? What if it's part of some kidnapping plan?? He should call the police, shouldn't he?

He looked down at the baby again. The child was playing with a paper airplane. Taeyong didn't know what he should do. He couldn't call Doyoung for help since that'll interrupt a lesson. He took out his phone and dialed the second person on his mind, Lucas.

"Hey, hyung! You ready yet? I can go and pick you up," Lucas says excitedly.

"Well, no. I'm not home yet. Can you come to my school? I'm near the field and bus stop. I need help."

"Is something wrong? Why?"

"I've found a child..."

-----

"OK, what the actual–"

"Shut up, Lucas. There's a child here. Don't say bad words," Taeyong warns while pointing at the baby.

"What do you mean?! The kid is, like, not even a year old! It can't even understand me!" Lucas laughs.

"OK, but what do we do? Do we call the cops or something?" Taeyong asks with a concerned tone.

Lucas bends down and sits next to the carrier. The infant waves the paper plane at Lucas. Lucas coos at the baby and was given the plane. He unfolds it and there seems to be words written. Taeyong was surprised and also sits down. The two males stares at the paper, reading every single word.

" 'This is the biological mother of the child you've just found. Please take care of him. I'm not financially stable and don't think I'll be able to support him. My family doesn't know I gave brith to a child and is getting suspicious of me. Please, kind stranger, take the baby and help him through his childhood. All of the information about him is at the bottom of the carrier, he's sitting on it. Please, this is my first and last wish.' " Lucas reads out the short letter.