6 • Cold Feelings

P

P.O.V.: Suh Youngho

"What do you want to do today?"

"Do what you want. I have until 5 o'clock, I'll have to be at the billiard hall."

Jaehyun sighs then rubs his face, "I don't want to stay home, it's so boring. But, I also don't know what to do if I go outside... What do I do?"

"You could go and bug Taeyong. He'll want to talk to you."

Jaehyun groans and threw his phone onto the couch. He sits down on the floor but ended up lying down with his whole body with staring at the ceiling. "Do you really think so?"

I glanced at him, "I mean, he doesn't seem to dislike you at all. He goes to the cafe every morning just to order a drink from you. Would he not?"

Jaehyun doesn't reply. He just continues to stare at the ceiling. After a couple of minutes, he decided to say something, "I'm going out."

"Be my guest. Seeing you bored makes me bored."

"What?"

"Just leave."

He went out the door. I quickly followed up behind him. I'm not sure where he's going, he just wants to be outside. He took a deep breath before walking out of the neighborhood and into the busy streets of Seoul. We just walked for a while, with no clue about where we wanted to go.

Jaehyun suddenly stopped. He reaches into his pocket and takes out his phone. I peaked at his phone and it was a private chatroom between him and Taeyong. They didn't seem to have said anything to each other which makes me want to just facepalm 2000 times.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"Um... He said... 'I like you'. Oh..." Jaehyun reads the text out loud.

I started laughing at how hasty it was said. This confession has got to be the most boring one. A couple of seconds later, Jaehyun's phone starts to ring.

"Hi?"

"Yunoh-ssi, I like you."

Jaehyun panicks and looked over at me to help him. I put my hands up and backed away. "Nope. No way," I mouthed.

"Well, um, I don't..." Taeyong hangs up, "... like me. Okay, what is wrong with me?" Jaehyun squats to the floor and puts his hands over his head.

I want to laugh but I also don't. Jaehyun rejected Taeyong out of panic. "I guess just let it be for now. What is there to do? Are you going to run to his home and explain yourself?"

"No! Why should I do that? I don't want to do that anyway," Jaehyun protests. He stands up again and fixed his clothes. "I've said what I've said. It's not like I can take it back now..."

I slowly nodded and we continued walking.

-----

A guy suddenly stood infront of us. I don't really recognize him but he seems to look quite comfortable interrupting us. "Jaehyun! It's been such a long time, I haven't seen you since... since last year."