2 • Flipping Erasers

I sped up my pace once I got to the school grounds

I sped up my pace once I got to the school grounds. The school campus wasn't the largest, though, it does take some time to get to the arts building.

"... Kim Taehyung. Oh, Taeyong. Perfect timing, we're just getting started." My teacher has always been nice. She's never raged because a student was late, she would say 'No worries, your efforts for being at class is good enough. Just make sure you don't miss anything, alright?'. I mean... she does get fed up with tardiness, but we're rarely late, I guess today is one of those rare days.

I nodded and calmly took a seat. "As I was saying, we have Mr. Kim Taehyung as a model today. His facial structure is rather defined...."

Well-defined. You know who else is defined?

Mr. Valentine. Great. I did it again.

I covered my face with my left hand and tried to cover up my embarrassment by brushing my hair back.

Ms. Han continues to point out important details and shaping that we need to pay more attention to. Almost immediately after her finishing, I picked up my pencil and started right away.

Not half an hour in, I got a poke from my side. "Hey, hey, Taeyong."

It was Hwang Dongwoo. This guy shares the same birthday as me, so honorifics really don't exist between us, we both don't feel the need for it anyway, in this situation that is.

"Yeah? What?" I kept my eyes switching from the model and my paper.

"Do you want to see your fortune...?" He says slyly.

I glanced at him. "Fortune? Why would I need that? You believe in those things?"

"No, no! It's good! How about this? You ask a question and write down the correct answer. If the fortune is also correct then that means it works."

I rolled my eyes, "Dongwoo.... Have you not learned probability? What's going to tell my fortune anyway?"

He smirks and pulls out a clean, yellow eraser. Regarding the sharp edges, it's probably not used. Dongwoo took a dark pencil and printed words on all 6 sides of the eraser.

"Done. Now, you ask a yes or no question, it'll answer you with yes, no, maybe, maybe not, never, and more than yes."

I raised an eyebrow and stopped my pencil for once, "More than yes...? Is there a difference? And this type of thing is so juvenile, why do you still do that?"

"Hey! Come on, just try it. I got this eraser specially for this, it costed me my lunch money."

"You don't have... lunch money. You have a whole wallet, why do you only say lunch money? You think you're still in middle school...?"

"Okay, do you want to do it or not?"

"No." There's no need for me to... know my 'fortune'.

"Does Lee Taeyong have a girlfriend?" Dongwoo says then flips the eraser.