Twenty-Two: Only Good Memories

When Felix drove home after yelling at his father, he realized that he couldn't let his father hold him back anymore. He couldn't be upset just because one person in his life didn't approve of who he was. He knew that his father's opinion of him didn't matter, and that he didn't know who he was now. How he had grown as a person. How he experienced genuine love for the first time and became a father. Denny never saw that, and never would.

A year after Jack was born, Olivia and Felix were married and very happy. As Olivia watched Felix with their little boy, she changed her mind and said that they could try for one more baby if Felix wanted. It didn't take much thinking on Felix's part to agree to have another kid because being a father to Jack and Olivia's other kids, he knew that one more would just make things better.

"Happy Birthday, Jacky!" Everyone exclaimed, as they clapped and the little boy squealed and slammed his hands against the tray of his highchair.

"Whoa, kiddo." Felix chuckled as he quickly took the candles from his son's cake before letting him at it while Olivia carried out the other cake for everyone else to enjoy.

"He's super excited!" Clare exclaimed, from where she stood beside her baby brother and gently mussed up his red curls.

"Of course he is, he survived a year with this chick as his Mama. Which is hard for even the toughest kids." Ember smiled as she gave her mother a light jab in her side.

"If it wasn't for me, none of you would be here. Ember, you'd be still stuck with Trevor... so just be thankful for me." Olivia sighed. She moved over to her husband and wrapped her arms around his waist before kissing his cheek.

"We are so very thankful for you, Olivia. Especially me." Felix spoke softly, before resting his cheek against his wife's hair.

They stood there for awhile before Felix led his wife from the room. Serena and Jenni were both taping Jack as he ate his cake, so they could watch it later. Felix took his wife into the kitchen before smiling softly at her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, and Olivia grinned as she felt Felix wrap his arms around her waist and tug her close.

"I'm feeling good. Why are you asking though?"

"I'm just wondering. Like, this is officially our last baby and I just wanted to make sure that you were doing good. We don't want anything to-"

"Nothing will happen, Felix. And are you doing okay?" Olivia asked, as she reached out and played with the red curls on her husband's head.

"Olivia, I don't think that I've been this happy... ever. Like I'm finally loving myself for exactly who I am."

"I'm glad, baby. You deserve to be happy and to love yourself. What he said doesn't matter. It didn't when you were younger nor now. Clearly he doesn't love you if he said stuff like that." Olivia spoke, before she leaned close and pecked her husband's lips softly.

"I wonder if Jacky is done with his cake or not..." Felix trailed off, since he knew if he and his wife stayed in the kitchen much longer and continued to kiss, that they'd never leave.

They were still very much in love, even after everything that happened. Neither realized at first, but they had been in love with each other even without realizing. Both were in relationships with other people when their love first started.

"I bet he's not done yet. C'mon. I bet he has frosting in his hair and we'll probably find some in his armpits." Olivia chuckled, before hugging her husband tightly one last time.

"Mama, please grab a wash cloth!" Garrett giggled from the living room.

"Is Jacky making a mess?" Olivia sighed, as she moved to one of the drawers.

"What do you think?!"

///

Good memories flooded their lives. Jack continued to grow and he eventually found his voice and rarely stopped talking. Clare and Garrett were always pulling their parents to where Jack was and had their baby brother show off the new words that he had been taught and mastered.

Ember ended up engaged to this really nice boy named Martin, who fit in with their family perfectly. Ember and him were quickly planning a wedding because Martin was going to need to move for his job by the end of the year.

Adalee got accepted into the internship of her dreams, which also gave her very important college credit.

Ainsley, Garrett, and Clare were all doing okay in school. Ainsley was still in volleyball, and Clare was doing ballet just as her sisters had did before her. Garrett was doing a little bit better towards the end of the year once he got special help since he had been diagonised with dyselxia.

And a cherry on top of everything else was the arrival of the last baby. 

"Hey, Felix said that we could come up." Ember whispered quietly, as she opened the door to her mother's hospital room. 

"Mama is sleeping, the baby is sleeping, but I'm awake." Felix smiled, from where he sat and was looking at his baby.

"Okay guys, c'mon. Stay quiet though." Ember breathed. She opened the door and the rest of her siblings, minus Jack, came in. Jack was still too young to be on the maternity ward to meet the baby, so Martin was staying at the house with him for a few hours.

"So what do we have now?" Ainsley asked, as she helped her little brother and sister wash their hands as Adalee set the gifts beside her step-father.

"Another sister. We were sure that it would be a boy, but instead it's our sweet little girl." Felix spoke with a tired smile. He stood and lifted his daughter from the cot before sitting back down.

"Got a name for her yet?" Adalee whispered, as she finally sat beside her step-father and got to look at her baby sister.

"Not yet, but we will figure that out soon. We are just focusing on how amazing everything is right now... and has been for awhile." Felix smiled.

"We are lucky to have you in our lives, Felix." Ember breathed, and Felix smiled as he looked around.

"I'm the lucky one... now who wants to hold her first?"

Hey guys, so I was getting tired of this book. Sorry. But this is the last chapter. I hope it was good enough! Thanks for reading!