One

Olivia frowned as she stood outside of the room that used to once sleep her two eldest daughters. But now, a year after Ember graduated, the house just seemed empty since Ember and Adalee no longer lived at home. Ainsley, Garrett, and Clare were all at school now so Olivia felt like she was alone more often.

"Liv?" Felix called into the house. Olivia moved away from her daughters' room and down the stairs. She smiled when she saw her best friend as she moved close to him.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Olivia asked.

"We both have the night off, you told me that the rugrats are with your Mom, so I decided that I'd bring you some wine and food." Felix grinned. Olivia got to him and hugged him tightly as she rested her head against his shoulder.

"Thank you so much... I could really use the wine tonight." Olivia frowned. She felt as Felix wrapped his arms tightly around her body and rubbed her back gently.

"Uh, are you okay?" Olivia asked worriedly. Felix and Olivia hugged often, but lately, Felix has been rubbing Olivia's back and holding her for longer.

"Yeah, I'm fine... let's go eat and drink," Felix spoke quietly before pecking Olivia's cheek gently.

They sat together in Olivia's kitchen and ate dinner and got drunk together. Felix was going to head home, but Olivia forced him to stay since she didn't want him to die while driving drunk.

"So either you can sleep on the couch, in the girls' room, in Garrett's bed, or in Clare's bed." Olivia slurred a bit, as she and her friend left the kitchen to go to bed.

"I'm totally going to take the racecar bed." Felix laughed loudly. Olivia smacked his arm as she smiled and looked at him.

"See, I don't know why you don't have a boyfriend. You are so funny, caring, and really cute." Olivia smiled.

"You think I'm cute?" Felix asked, and Olivia nodded as she yawned.

"Adorable. Now, I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning." Olivia smiled. She kissed his cheek gently again before moving up the stairs and to her room.

|*|

"Momma!" Ember and Adalee called in unison as they got home the morning after Olivia and Felix got drunk. Felix was sleeping on the couch, as Adalee and Ember dragged large bags of laundry into the house. They were living together near Hudson University and made sure to come home once a month just to do laundry. The rest of the time they came home was just to strictly see their mother and siblings.

"Shh." Felix groaned, as he sat up and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Uncle Felix? What are you doing here?" Adalee asked as she shut the front door.

"Your mom was lonely last night so I came over and we ate dinner together and drank...we got really drunk." Felix yawned. He stood slowly before grabbing his shirt and tugging it on over his head.

"Are the monsters with Gran?" Ember asked, and Felix nodded.

"For the week. I think they were going to visit Sierra." Felix spoke.

"Addie, do you want to stay here and spend time with Momma?" Ember asked, and Adalee nodded.

"Yeah, I think she'd like it... speaking of which, I'm going to go wake her up. Mind starting the laundry?" Adalee asked, and Ember nodded.

"I guess."

Adalee went upstairs and Ember carried the bags into the laundry room. Felix followed her and leaned against the door frame.

"Did your landlord send the guy to fix the sink yet?" He questioned, and Ember shook her head.

"No. It still drips... would you be able to come over and look at it? Trevor's tools are still in the garage, and he's never getting those back."

"I'll do it before I head to work today...can I ask you a question real quick?" Felix asked quietly.

"Ask away." Ember smiled, as she opened one of the cabinets and grabbed the laundry detergent.

"Is your Mom seeing anyone?"

"No, she isn't. She kinda swore off of men. Why? Have someone that might be good for her?" Ember asked, and Felix shrugged.

"Maybe...I don't know. She called me cute last night and I didn't know if she had a crush on me or something..."

"Uncle Felix, aren't you...don't you like guys?" Ember asked with wide eyes. Felix sighed softly, before nodding.

"Em, I've dated girls in the past. I really haven't been too interested in them as much as guys, but then I met your mother. I was in a relationship with a man and we were planning on getting married and adopting kids and-"

"Felix, so are you bisexual?" Ember asked, and Felix nodded.

"I am... just haven't dated girls since before I met your mother so I think she kinda just assumed that I only liked men." Felix rambled. Ember smiled at him before moving to look out the door. She wanted to make sure that Adalee nor her mother came downstairs to hear their conversation.

"Take it slow. Don't let her know that you like her right away. She's still so unsure about men, and you are her best friend. She can't lose you." Ember spoke.

"Wait so you-"

"I like you, Felix. You have always been here for us. So I'm fine with this. Still a little shocked that you are bisexual, but that's cool." Ember smiled.

"Hey, is Felix still here?" Olivia called.

"He's supervising me doing my laundry! But he refuses to help!" Ember called back.

|*|

Olivia smiled as she carried three mugs of tea down the hall and to where her daughters were sleeping in their room. She loved having her girls in the house, especially since it seemed like forever since they spent more than a day altogether.

"Alright, here you two go." Olivia smiled, as she expertly passed two mugs to her daughters as she held the other one in her free hand.

"Thanks, Momma." Ember smiled. She patted her bed, and Olivia sat beside her before gently kissing her temple.

"So, how have you two been?" Olivia asked.

"We've been good. But I don't want to talk about us. Let's talk about you." Ember smiled.

"What about me? I work. Take care of three kids. And drive way too many hours a day." Olivia spoke.

"I was wondering if you thought about dating someone."