Twenty

Jack was an amazing little boy whom did great for the first two days of his life. He was breathing perfectly, and he ate like a champ. By Tuesday he and his mother were ready to go home and join the rest of the family. 

"I can drive if you want me too." Olivia spoke after she and Felix buckled Jack into his car seat.

"Aren't you supposed to sit in the back with him? Make sure he stays calm while we drive home?" Felix asked, and Olivia shrugged.

"I can, but if you want to just relax... then I can drive." Olivia whispered. Felix eyed his fiancee for a moment before reaching out and gently rubbing her back.

"Olivia, just because my father is here and actively trying to seek me out, doesn't mean that I'm not a fit father or fiance. I can get all three of us home safely and just in time for Jack to eat once again. Okay?"

"Okay... I love you, Felix."

"I love you too, Liv. And I love you, Jack." Felix smiled before helping Olivia around to the other side of the car. He helped her in and made sure she was comfortable before moving to the driver's side door. He stood there for several moments as he tried to calm himself down.

Leaving the hospital as a first-time father was scaring the shit out of Felix, but not nearly as much as having to see his dad for the first time since he was a teenager.

///

Felix pulled slowly into the driveway of the house he bought with the love of his life. He pulled into the garage before closing it behind them and shutting off the car.

"Is he awake?" Felix asked, and Olivia shook her head as she gently ran her finger over Jack's cheek.

"Nope. He's still sleeping. Thank you for taking the long way home. I was worried that we'd hit every single pothole."

"I've got your back, babe. And as the driver of our rig, I've mastered avoiding potholes to ensure the person in back doesn't get jostled too much."

"And in the back of this car we have very precious cargo." Olivia cooed, before she leaned down and pecked Jack's cheek before sighing.

"Does he need his diaper changed?" Felix asked, and Olivia smiled and nodded.

"Oh yeah. I do the input, you can do the output." Olivia chuckled.

Felix got out and opened the back door before helping his fiancee out. Olivia ran her hands over his chest before smiling softly and leaning close to kiss Felix's lips.

"I love you... and we can do this. I'm an old pro at bringing home new babies." Olivia breathed.

"And I have been around your kids their whole lives. I've changed at least two diapers in my life time, so I should be good."

"You are going to do amazing, love. Now, just forget about your father and focus on our family. All six of our kids."

"Thank god we got this house, because six kids wouldn't have fit comfortably in your old one."

///

The first morning and afternoon went smoothly. Felix spent a lot of time cuddling his son and then helping out around the house while Jack and Olivia were either napping or Jack was getting fed.

When night came around, Serena took Clare, Garrett, and Ainsley home with her while Ember and Adalee went out for the night. Olivia and Jack were once again sleeping, so Felix decided to spend some much needed time with his mother.

"Jack looks exactly like you when you were born. Same chubby cheeks and sparse red hair." Jenni smiled, as she handed her son a mug of coffee.

"I think he looks like the rest of Liv's kids. Especially Garrett and Clare." Felix replied.

"Aren't you going to refer to Olivia's kids as yours?" Jenni asked, and Felix shrugged.

"I'd like too, but I just really haven't gotten the chance to ask. I know that I'm still nervous that we might break up and I'll lose not only the love of my life but also all my kids."

"You two aren't going to break up. You probably still have problems to work through, but that is what married couples and couples in general need to do."

"You and Dad never managed to work through the problem of me being bisexual." Felix sighed, as he heard a yawn through the baby monitor.

"That was Olivia, sweetie. And you being bisexual was never a problem for me. It shouldn't have been one for him either. As a parent, you never know what is going to happen in regards to your child, but you should know that loving them no matter what is a good start."

"Mom, he has the right to not approve of the choices I made. He has the right to not love me or ever be proud of me." Felix sighed.

"He loves you, Felix. At least I think he does."

"You think he does... while those times he threw my prom photos in the fire because my boyfriend was my date didn't show me that he loved me. When he introduced me as his homo son at least five times didn't show me that he loved me. Mom, when he came home with HIV and STD pamplets..." Felix couldn't even finish his thought before starting to cry.

He sat his mug down quickly before sobbing into his hands. He never really talked about when he was younger. About everything his father did. He never talks about it to his mom, and rarely did he bring it up to Liv. 

He was embarrassed and ashamed of his father, just like Denny was of him. 

"Baby, what he did was wrong. Horribly wrong... he was raise in a time where being anything but straight was wrong. I was raised in the same time, but you are my baby and I knew that I could accept you and it wouldn't kill me. He's just different and-"

"Don't make excuses for him, Mom! He hates me and that will never change! I really thought that at one point he'd be around to meet my kids, but instead he's still my biggest enemy and hater."