Twelve

The fight ended up with Felix packing his items up and leaving. He stomped out of the house and left his pregnant girlfriend upstairs with tears slipping down her cheeks. 

"I shouldn't have yelled at him." Olivia whimpered, as she quickly walked to the window and watched as Felix backed out of the driveway quickly. She was shaking as she watched him narrowly miss another car before speeding off. The car that he almost hit pulled into Olivia's driveway and Olivia had to go downstairs and deal with whatever was going to happen.

"Liv?" The man spoke, and Olivia shook her head.

"I'm sorry that you almost got hit, Trevor," Olivia whispered.

"Who was that? Because I'm pretty sure that you taught Ember to drive better than that." Trevor spoke with wide eyes as he bridged the gap between them.

"It doesn't matter... are you okay?" Olivia asked nervously.

"I'm fine. I stopped before the car hit mine. Liv-"

"What are you doing here? Because if you are here to see the kids they aren't here."

"I wanted to drop off some Christmas gifts... who was that? Was that Felix?" Trevor asked, and him just speaking Felix's name made Olivia cry. She started to sob before stepping back into her house and shutting the door behind her. She was so angry and sad about what was happening. 

Because not only was she losing her boyfriend, but also her best friend. 

The door opened and Olivia felt a hand placed against her waist. She turned around slowly and saw Trevor standing there.

"C'mere." He breathed, before wrapping his arms around her and hugging her warmly.

"I'm done," Olivia whispered.

"No-"

"I'm done, Trevor! I can't do anything right! I keep messing everything up! I just lost my boyfriend! Our son will never know how it feels to have his parents together! All because I wanted to surprise Felix with having his mother in town for when we told the kids about their baby brother!" Olivia sobbed.

"You aren't the prob-"

"If I'm not the problem, then why does every man I ever love leave me?"

|*|

Felix didn't make it to a hotel. He made it to a bar and settled down onto a stool and started downing whiskey pretty much as quickly as he could.

"Son, that's enough." The bartender spoke, as he looked at Felix.

"Pour me more," Felix ordered, and the bartender shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be the one blamed for you getting killed or killing someone else. I can get you water or coffee. No more booze." He spoke, before walking away.

"Drinking isn't going to solve your problems."

"I don't... you piece of shit," Felix grumbled, as he saw Trevor. Once Trevor had left Olivia's house, he went searching for Felix. He didn't know what he was going to do when he found him, but punching him was a high possibility.

"You almost killed me. I was the car you almost hit while backing out of the driveway."

"I really don't care. I wish I would have hit you." Felix spat.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Your girlfriend is at your house thinking that she is the problem. That she is the reason why everything bad happens around her. Felix, she isn't the problem. Clearly, you are."

"If she isn't the problem, then why did you leave her? Huh?" Felix slurred.

"Because Angie was back and I was in love with her. I love Olivia and always will... but we weren't meant to be together. She wasn't meant to be together with Elliot either. I think that she's supposed to be with you, but you might have ruined your shot at being her boyfriend."

"I'm getting my son and leaving her as soon as possible. You better start looking into getting custody of Clare and Garrett because they are going to be fucked up if they stay with her any longer. I'm going to call Elliot's parents and have them seek custody of Ainsley." Felix huffed, as he reached for the whiskey bottle and poured it into his glass before slamming it down and smiling at the bartender before downing it.

"Olivia will stop breathing if you take her children away from her. I'm not going to get custody of my son and daughter because I know that they are better off with Olivia. I have my hands full with the kids Angie and I have, and they are better off getting more attention from Olivia than getting nothing from me. And as for Ainsley, she will be very unhappy with Elliot's parents. They blamed Olivia for his death when it wasn't even close to her fault. So why don't you get some food and something other than booze in your stomach and head home."

"That's not my home anymore. It never will be... and I don't care of she stops breathing." Felix spat as if Trevor was joking around about that. But Trevor was being honest.

If Olivia lost her children, the world would lose her too.

|*|

Three weeks later, Olivia and Felix still weren't talking. For all Olivia knew, Felix wasn't even in the city anymore. He no longer showed up for work, and he had even withheld his half of the house payment. Olivia had to scrape together enough money to cover both her half and Felix's.

"Momma, is he going to come back?" Clare as suddenly one night during dinner. It was only her, Garrett, and Ainsley since their older sisters were back in school and back at their apartment most of the time.

"Who?" Olivia asked weakly, as she played with the food on her plate. She didn't feel like eating, but she knew that she had to for the sake of her son.

"Felix, Momma." Clare sniffled.

"I don't know, honey," Olivia replied weakly.

"Can you make him come home?"

"Clare-" Ainsley started when she saw her mother start to cry, but she didn't get to finish because Olivia was standing and moving from the kitchen.

"Uh oh." Clare breathed.

"Don't bring up Felix again. Okay? Because it makes Momma sad."

"I didn't mean to make Momma sad!" Clare cried.

"New rule. No one brings up Felix. No one brings up the baby. If Momma wants to talk about the baby, then we can. But not unless she wants too. Got it?" Ainsley spoke sternly.

"Yes, sissy." Clare and Garrett spoke in unison.