Three

As they pulled up to the scene, Olivia was still trying to process the idea of Felix being in love with her. She had always thought he was into guys so he had strictly been her best friend and nothing more.

"It looks pretty bad," Felix spoke, as he parked the rig. Olivia nodded slowly before opening her door and quickly jumping out. Olivia ran around back and grabbed her bag before running towards the crash as Felix got some other supplies around.

"What do we have?" Olivia asked as she approached the crushed vehicle.

"Two cars hit each other. This one rolled and clearly was crushed. There is a child stuck in the back, but none of us are small enough to get to him. The firefighters are on their way, but we don't know how long we have before it explodes or something." The officer spoke. Olivia nodded before digging in her bag for the smallest neck brace she has.

"I'll go in then," Olivia replied. She quickly moved to the van that looked nothing like a van anymore and circled it. She finally found a spot she knew she could fit through, before laying down beside it. She looked in and saw a child hanging upside down in their car seat, a large gash to his forehead.

"Hey, sweet boy. I'm Olivia, can you hear me?" Olivia asked gently.

"Mommy?" The little boy whimpered.

"Honey, your Mommy is getting help. Now, can you feel your legs?" Olivia asked.

"Y-yeah." He sniffled.

"Okay. Good! Now, can you tell me your name?"

"Baxter."

"Okay, Baxter. I'm going to come in and get you. So can you please be a brave boy and just hold on for a little bit longer?"

"You are gonna help me? I want my Mommy!" Baxter cried, as Olivia really started to smell gasoline.

"Yeah, sweetie. Now, why don't you talk to me about anything you want to talk about." Olivia spoke. She stood up and took her jacket off, as Felix approached her.

"You aren't going in there. It's too dangerous." Felix spoke.

"That little boy will die if I don't get in there in the next few minutes," Olivia whispered.

"Olivia-"

"No, Felix. I'm going in there to save that boy's life. Now, be ready to pull him out." Olivia spoke.

Felix swallowed hard before nodding.

"Okay." He breathed. He watched as Olivia got down and army crawled into the destroyed van. He could hear the sound of glass breaking under Olivia's movements. He laid down beside the van as he heard sirens getting louder.

"Hey there, honey. Are you ready to get out?" Olivia asked as she put the brace on the little boy's neck.

"Is my Mommy waiting for me?" He coughed.

"I bet she is. Now, this is going to be scary. I have to unbuckle you. You are going to fall, but I'll catch you." Olivia reassured the boy. She felt something drip onto her head, and she swallowed hard as she started to work faster.

Baxter dropped into Olivia's arms, and Olivia gave him a gentle squeeze as she tried to figure out how to back up now.

"Baxter, can you crawl?" Olivia asked. She knew that he shouldn't move, but this was the only way he could get out.

"I think so." He whispered.

"Okay. I need you to crawl over me and to the opening. My friend Felix will pull you out and I'll be able to see you soon." Olivia smiled.

As the little boy got pulled to safety, Olivia felt more and more gasoline dripping onto her body. She started to try and slip backward, and as she did she felt a piece of glass or metal tearing into her arm.

"Felix!" Olivia exclaimed.

"Are you stuck?"

"I'm going to need a bandage when I get out... can you grab my feet and pull me out? This thing... it's going to explode any second." Olivia breathed, as she tried to not sound scared.

"Okay, give me a second and I'll have you out."

|*|

Felix slowly walked through the ER and to where the nurse told him Olivia was. She had a huge gash in her arm, and she had to get stitches and a lot of them.

"Olivia?" Felix asked, and Olivia quickly opened the curtain and looked at her partner.

"Hey. So they said I can go home once I finish this IV bag." Olivia spoke, and Felix nodded.

"I'll drive you back to the garage and then drive you home in your van," Felix spoke.

"It's fine. I just need the ride to the garage and I'll drive home myself." Olivia spoke.

"Liv, we need to talk." Felix frowned.

"You love me," Olivia whispered.

"I do." Felix breathed.

"Why are you just now telling me? Because we've known each other for over fourteen years."

"You thought I was gay. You have only known me as someone who dates guys, never women... so when I started to fall in love with you I couldn't tell you because you'd think I was lying."

"Felix, I don't know what to feel." Olivia breathed.

"I'm assuming you feel nothing at all in regards to me. So-"

"Felix, I love you. You know that I do... I guess I just never thought I'd be more than just your friend. Best friend." Olivia breathed.

"Don't worry about it. I'll just-"

"C'mere." Olivia breathed, as she reached her hand out to Felix. He hesitantly took it before being pulled to Olivia's side. She wrapped her arm around him and hugged him tightly, before pressing a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Give me some time to think this through... don't give up on me yet." Olivia breathed as tears welled in her eyes.

"Ember told me to take it slow... to not scare you away."

"After Elliot died and Trevor left me... I didn't really know if any guy out there could really be someone I'd want to spend years with... but you haven't hurt me. You never have and I really don't think you will... so please, just give me some time. I'll get back to you as soon as I can think this through. Okay? I do love you, Felix."

"I love you too..." Felix whispered, before sitting down beside Olivia and starting to stare at the pattern on the separation curtain.