Seventeen

Olivia stared at Felix with wide eyes as she looked at the ring he was holding out to her. She didn't know what to say and started to panic. Her breathing hitched and tears started to stream down her cheeks. She held her shaky hands to her sides as she shook her head.

"I-i. I don't know what to say." Olivia struggled to breathe. Felix's eyes grew wide as he stood slowly before going to grab Olivia's hands, but she pulled away quickly and stumbled back towards the house.

"Liv!" Felix called, but he didn't go after her. He stood there and watched as the back door slammed and Olivia disappeared into the house.

///

Olivia sat on the edge of the bed with her arms wrapped tightly around her midsection. She tried to take slow and steady breaths, but only jagged ones were coming instead. 

As she and Felix grew close once again, she had prepared herself for this moment. The moment when Felix decided that he was ready to propose. She was so sure that she'd yell her answer even before Felix finished asking his very important question. But she just got scared instead.

She had two failed marriages under her belt, and thinking about adding another was just making her more anxious than usual.

"Olivia?" Felix asked weakly, as he moved into their bedroom. Olivia didn't speak, because all she needed to do was focus on breathing. Not only for her sake, but the sake of her son.

"Babe?" Felix asked softly, as he sank down beside her. He reached out and grabbed her hand before squeezing it gently in his.

"All I can think about is the fact that if we get married and get divorced, it'll be my third one. Three failed marriages. I already have kids from three different men and that makes me feel so dirty and used. I've been called a whore plenty of times, and I feel like one." Olivia whispered.

"You aren't a whore, Olivia. How many times do I have to tell you that?" Felix asked.

"Felix, we don't have to get married. Because if we break up, then we will go through many, many hours of negotiation. We will have to figure out who wants what and if our son will live with you or me most of the time. But if we just stay together as boyfriend and girlfriend, then the break won't be as messy. And I know that you will want to get away from me at some point. Everyone does." Olivia whispered.

"We got all of our fighting out of the way long ago, Olivia. We won't fight anymore. And I promise that I will never, ever get tired of you."

"Felix." Olivia frowned. 

"Baby, I promise to not give up on our marriage if things get hard. I'll still fight for what we have and I'll fight for the love we have together. Baby, I'll give you time and space to decide, and when you decided... I'll still be waiting. Either you get this ring or I can sell it and we can take all of our kids on a vacation once our son is older. Okay?"

"Okay." Olivia whispered.

///

Olivia took her sweet time to process what she was going through. She wanted to make the right decision for her family and for herself. She waited several days before finally telling Felix her answer.

"Hey... I brought you lunch." Olivia spoke, as she knocked on the open door of Felix's rig. Felix leaned back and smiled when he saw Olivia.

"Hey, beautiful. How was your appointment?" Felix questioned, as he sank down onto the edge of the rig before helping his girlfriend sit down.

"It went good. My doctor thinks that he may come early. So keep your phone on you at all times." Olivia smiled.

"You have four weeks left. I hope that he stays put for at least that long." Felix spoke, worry covering his face. He didn't want their son to be born early to only end up being sick. 

"He'll be fine, Felix. And speaking of him, he needs a name sooner rather than later." Olivia chuckled. Felix smiled before leaning over and kissing Olivia's softly.

"Let's discuss that after we eat."

Olivia and Felix ate their lunch and Olivia reassured her boyfriend, again, that their son would be just fine if he came early. But then they had other things to talk about. Olivia had one topic that she knew had to be discussed right then and there.

"Babe?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah?" Felix yawned, as he turned to look at her and smiled.

"I think that I'm ready to marry you." She breathed tearfully.

"What?" Felix asked with wide eyes.

"I've talked to my mom and my older girls about this. With a lot of thinking, and honestly a little bit of praying... I know that I'm ready to get married to you. That I'm ready to be your wife."

"Are you sure, Olivia? Because-"

"I'm sure, Felix. I love you, and I know that what is best for me... is you."

///

About two weeks after they officially got engaged, they were starting to plan their small wedding. But to really cause some extra drama and excitement, their son also decided that he was more than ready to met his parents and siblings.

"She's resting right now. You can go in now." Serena spoke, as she moved out of her daughter's room and smiled at her soon to be son-in-law.

"Did the doctor say how long she thinks until the baby is born?" Felix asked nervously.

"She said that it might take a few hours or maybe a day. We won't know for awhile. Now, go see your girl. I'm going to go call the kids and tell them what's happening." Serena smiled, before grabbing Felix's hand and squeezing it. She stood there with him for a few moments before pushing Felix towards Olivia's room.

He walked in quietly, but Olivia woke up and smiled as he walked in.

"You were supposed to be resting." Felix breathed.

"I tried, but I'm too excited. And I'm feeling no pain." Olivia spoke, as she reached out for him.

"I feel like I'm more nervous than excited..."

"Everything will be okay, Felix. And before we know it, Jack will be here. He'll be here and everything we have fought through will have been worth it." Olivia smiled.

"Jack, take it easy on your Momma, do you hear me?" Felix spoke, as he ran his hand over Olivia's stomach.

"You are going to be an amazing father, Felix." Olivia smiled, as she pulled him close to kiss him.

"God do I hope so."