° 25 °

"Okay, I'm ready for you." Tanaka said, stretching his right arm around. It was his turn on the front row along with Hinata and Kazumi. 

"Hey, this is the most powerful attack rotation for the high school team." The blonde said beside Asahi as he turn to him. "We have to watch out for the short guy and the girl's fast attack." 

"Right."

"Excuse me." Kageyama said out loud to the other side as he pointed to Hinata. "My next set will be to him. Please block him as best you can."

Kazumi turn her head to them, slightly confused to what he had said.

"What's this, a dare?"

"Yes, it's a dare. Forgive me for acting like a snot." It took the two men in surprised that he declared it as a dare as he bowed down.

The blonde laughed. "You're a funny guy! Okay! Let's do this dare!"

"Thank you!"

Hinata and Kazumi watched him walking back to his spot. "... What is he thinking?" Hinata murmured.

"I don't know, but try to follow his steps. I'm sure he wanted to help you getting through your troubles." Kazumi said to him as he nodded to her, doubting that he could get through their blocks.

"Right now..." He heard Kageyama said as he turn his head to him. "...you're nothing but a short stuff who happens to be nimble and can jump high. You will never be the breadwinner ace." Hinata flinched, hearing it from his teammate. Tanaka and Asahi scolded him a bit before he continued.

"But...as long as I'm around, you're the greatest!" Kageyama yelled, surprising the others. "Azumane's spikes are so forceful, he can cut through a triple block."

"Uh, b-but not every time, I, uh..."

"You're getting too flustered!"

Asahi was getting flustered like what Noya said to him as the ace look around averting eyes with anyone.

Kageyama then continued. "Now how about you? When I set for you, have you every been stopped by blockers?"

It took a moment for the tangerine head to realize what he had said, knowing what he said is true. Daichi grab onto Kageyama's shoulder and drag him back to his spot, saying things like stop wasting time. Kazumi nudged Hinata by the shoulder to get him back to his senses as the other team serve the ball. Daichi received it with ease as the ball went to where their setter is. 

Miyuki, who has been watching them since the first set with Kiyoko and Yamaguchi beside her, look at the tangerine head worriedly. "Hinata is still doubting himself if he could get through the blockers like Asahi."

"With that kind of height on the court playing against tall players, who wouldn't doubt themselves?" Yamaguchi said beside her.

Miyuki turn her head to him. "Say, Yamaguchi, don't you want to play?"

Yamaguchi was taken aback from her question as he slowly look at his friend, who was on the back row waiting if he should attack or not. "... I'm not as good as the others, but I still wanna play." 

"Could you tell me what's your position?"

"Um... middle blocker. F-for the time being."

"Hm. Do you know how to serve the ball to score a point?"

"Of course... Um, what's the point of these questions, Miyuki-san?"

The brunette smiled. "Our team needs everything for us to get to the Nationals, and every player needs to be ready. That includes you." She patted on his head. "Want me to teach you some serves you can do?"