twenty five

Luca
~

Is this real?
Cassie Harlow is kissing me.
I am kissing Cassie Harlow back.
Me—Luca Richards.

Our lips stay together like magnets, fireworks going off in my brain, never-ending fireworks like before. I keep my eyes closed and just enjoy the moment before it slips away from me.

I always dreamt of what it would be like to kiss her. How her lips would feel against mine or how our bodies would collide, and now it finally happened. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to explore her. I wanted to taste every part of her like it was my last, just in case, this would be my last.

She smiled against my mouth once the girls walked away, looking into my eyes before breaking the kiss apart. Even if she is doing this to play the part or do it because of our little deal.

I really don't care because either way—
I'm still kissing Cassie Harlow.

We studied more at my house right after the game. I showed her a few steps that Mrs. Higgins taught us the other day and showed her easy examples on how to solve the problems. She might be hard on herself, but she's very bright and caught on rather more quickly than she expected.

"Not bad, Harlow," I tell her as she smiles from pure excitement.

"I can't believe I finally understand this."

I chuckle with her as she tilts her head back. "I told you you'll be fine."

"I guess I should listen to you more often."

"Yes, you should."

She lies back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. "What's your favorite Arcade Fire song?"

Her random questions amuse me. "Song on the Beach."

Cassie sits up on her elbows. "Seriously? Mine too."

A chuckle escapes from my lips. I lie down beside her.

"Owen Pallett is a genius."

She nods. "I agree."

"Even with no words in the song, it's still beautifully written."

"So, you like sad songs then?"

"Doesn't everyone?"

"Yeah," her eyes turn away from mine. "I also love Black Mirror."

I scrunch up my nose. She noticed the look on my face. "What?"

"That's like my least favorite song."

Her eyes widened. "That's too bad, Richards. I was beginning to think we had more in common than we thought. You ruined it."

I laughed. "I'm so sorry, let's try again. What's your least favorite?"

Her head tilts to the side, thinking real hard before saying, "Everything Now."

My breath gets caught in my throat. "What?"

"I'm kidding," she pushes me on the shoulder. "I would be ashamed of myself. That song's amazing."

"Yes, it is," I smiled before she took her weight off her elbows and laid her head back on the pillow beside me. "I'm looking for tickets."