twenty nine

Luca
~

Anderson and I picked up Cassie on our way to Reagan's house. Marcus texted us the details and told us to arrive around ten p.m. She came out the front door ten minutes after we arrived. Anderson was getting impatient wondering what was taking her so long. I convinced him it was a girl thing—you know how they can be, but I already knew what she was doing by her text message earlier.

Dealing with my mom
I'll be running a lil late

Everything ok?

just another episode,
you know the usual

Just reading her text made me aware of how exhausted she was. It honestly made me upset, knowing there wasn't anything we could do about it. I'd give anything to take her pain away.

I'm sorry, take your time. I'll keep Anderson busy.

She responded instantly.
:) i appreciate it

"It takes her thirty extra minutes to get ready?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's been ten minutes."

"Okay, still," he says, rubbing the back of his head.

By this time, I see Cassie run outside, closing the door behind her. She makes her way toward my truck, stepping inside the front seat.

"Gentleman," she says smiling.

"Lady." Anderson murmurs.

She is dressed casual again, dark black skinny jeans with a white shirt, black converse, and my class Letterman is wrapped around her chest. I seriously forgot she had my Letterman.
It looks so much better on her than me.

"Ready?" she says, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Uh, yeah." I shift in my leather seat, put the truck in reverse, and back out of her driveway.

The drive to Reagan's house was maybe twenty-five minutes. Cassie cranked the volume up letting Post Malone blare through my speakers. The three of us basically scream the lyrics to Fall Apart out the windows as the coldness from outside blows through our hair. It felt amazing.

After arriving at the party, we walk toward the back of her house where everyone is at. Some are in the hot tub while the others are filling drinks and rocking to the beat of Blue Foundation.

A few jocks from the football team come and greet me. I am picked up awkwardly and placed on someone's shoulder. It's Trent's. He yells and slurs his words at the same time. Anderson and Cassie both look at each other and then me. They are clueless just as much as I am.

"Yo, can you please put me down."

Yo?

He sets me down with a laugh.

"I'll meet you two later." Anderson tells us once he spots Sydney talking to a few girls on the dance team. We don't have time to respond as he walks away quickly.

"Want a drink?" Cassie says after we laugh at Anderson. "Water is fine." She makes sure to clarify since I told her I'm not drinking at all this time.