🖤Chapter 3🖤

I lift myself up from the cold, concrete ground, feeling drained of any energy and power.

I dust my face off, and open my eyes to look around. I was back in that white room. For some strange reason I got a sense of deja vu.

How did I even get back here?

Then I notice my attire. It was no longer my dirty hoodie, leggings and sneakers. It's a hospital gown and no shoes.

Just great. Am I going mental? Did my parents purposefully pit me in here?

I don't know what they did to me and it's a frightening thought, just knowing they had that power over me while I was unconscious. Is it better to know or not to know though?

I don't... feel any different, I think.

Colder and scared definitely.

I unintentionally grab my neck. It was a little sensitive where the chemical was injected into me, but it's nothing too major, as long as it's not life threatening.

The boy was still sitting on that bed, as calm as one can be. I try to talk to him, but my throat feels too scratchy, and my voice gets caught in my throat. He wouldn't answer anyway, so why waste my breath and hurt myself more.

There's no way I'm gonna stay here. Not in this insane place.

I stubble up and stomp over to the glass wall and put my hands against it. The coolness greets my already shivering hands. It was thick, too thick to simply shatter with a brick or something.

Maybe I can break it with my body, if I try hard enough. I could get out then, right? Well, I have to try something, even if it fails.

I start by banging the wall with my fists. After a few hits my hands start to hurt a lot and my head was pounding harder than I was against the wall, but I ignore it and kept on going. I wanted to get out. I could care about the headache and sore knuckles part later.

Tears started to form in the corners of my eyes, but I keep them at bay. There was no time for crying now. I slam my body into the glass wall as well, desperately trying to leave a crack.

Just then, the door slams open, hitting the wall behind it as three Hazmat men waltz in, heading straight in my direction.

They had these weird, long, metal sticks in their grasp, pointed directly at me. It looked like some sort of weapon, so I made a mental note to try and stay clear of any of those.

One guy walks closer, and he catches me off guard by stabbing one of the sticks into my sigh.

The moment it touches my skin, it shocks the living hell out of me. I have never felt such extreme pain shoot through my body, all at once. It felt like my soul was being lifted to float in the air, but your body is being slammed to the floor multiple times.

I can't stop the piercing scream that escape my chapped lips and wince at the feeling of a thousand bolts running to every corner of my body as I struggle to stay upright. Then the other two guys started joining in, taking turns in shocking me with their cruel weapons.

At the umpteenth shock, I fall to the ground, clutching my stomach and holding onto myself. I didn't realise how hard I was screaming until now.

"What a good girl." One guy whisper in my ear and I can almost hear the smirk on his lips.

They walk out of the room and slam the door in the process. I count the seconds trying to stop the twitches and get my full consciousness back.

91,92,93...

I weakly get up when the shaking halts for a moment.

134,135,136...

Good Girl? Sure.

I slowly limp over to the glass wall and smirk as I start hitting it even harder than before. That sick men just gave me more motivation. I want them to come back, because this time I'll be prepared.

The skin on my knuckles bursts open and the wall gets covered in speckles of red. My blood.

That doesn't stop me though. Piece of shits. I could almost feel the glass give way beneath my weight as I run into the wall a few more times.

I feel a single tear roll down my cheek and I wipe it away aggressively.

As if on cue, the men burst through the door and come straight for me.

One guy was about to shock me, but I dodged it just in time and punch him right in the face. He goes tumbling a bit back, holding his bloody nose. He was both off balance and in genuine shock.

I don't have time to recover from the impact it had on my hand and wrist when the next guy runs at me. I probably look crazy with all this blood and tears over me. If I was in a psych-ward, I was definitely not getting out now.

I nearly got shocked by the second guy but kicked him away on his stomach.

Suddenly I was being lifted in the air from behind and thrown to the ground. I spin around and kick one leg up, kicking the dude between his legs. One of the other men slams their foot down onto my chest and my head hits the floor with a thud.

I groan and try to get up rolling to my side, but the stab and shock one of them gave me in my stomach, made me fall back down again.

Every guy takes a turn in shocking me at least five times, but after that I started to lose count.

Tears were freely streaming down my face by now and I was trying to think of something to hold onto. Nova. Her loving personality, her careful spirit, the way the always helped me when I needed her. She is my family.

Why did this have to happen to me? I mean what were the chances?

Then finally the stabbing and shocks stops.

The guy I hit first bends down, "Bitch." He spits in my face, but it wasn't just his spit, something darker and thick as well; must be blood. Some part of me felt proud that I left a mark and that I knew I could cause real damage if it were a fair fight.

They walk out again and slam the door shut. My head was pounding like crazy now.

I started silently sobbing on the floor for a little while. It helped me feel a bit better.

After some time, I got overwhelmed with tiredness, but I was also too afraid to go to sleep. I felt myself twitch every now and then but other than that I laid there, unmoving.

But then I felt arms wrap around my frame, picking me up bridal style. My head rested against a shoulder. The sudden weird sparks I felt shooting through my body was amazing and my heart rate went sky high. I don't know what it was or what caused it, but it was something beyond this world. It almost felt like it was soothing my aching and frail body. It felt like cool crispness and summer warmth at the same time.

Was it the boy?

I could've imagined it, but when I slowly looked up, I saw that boy. He wasn't looking at me as he carried me without much trouble. I wanted to fight to get away from his hold, but something told me I shouldn't. My eyes closed and opened lazily on their own accord. Something calming kept me in place and even wanted me to huddle in closer. It was the strangest thing.

He walks over to one of the beds and places me softly on it before walking back to 'his' bed.

Before I could talk to him, darkness and sleepiness took over and I fall asleep, welcoming the pain-free unconsciousness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------