Chapter 31.

If someone told me that I would one day, much sooner, might I add, that I would come downstairs to see Wesley Adams, in a new haircut with brown highlights, no hoodie, white shirt and light jeans, I wouldn't have believed it.

He looks nothing like the guy I last saw, he neither looks like the captain everyone knew, and totally not like Wesley, the guy who wanted to disappear and stay unnoticed. He looks refreshed, if that's the right word to use.

" I'll uh, leave you guys to talk." Ingrid says, leaving the room.

I don't respond, not that I've said anything since I saw him, I've basically been staring openly at him.

" Chloe -----------" He steps closer.

" Who are you?" He stops in his tracks, his brows pulling together.

" Uh, Wesley?" He says, with a cute, confused look on his face.

" You look different." I let out without thinking, causing his face to fall.

I internally wince at my choice of words.

" I didn't mean ----------"

" I know what you meant and I get it." He walks out with a disappointed look on his face.

" I missed you!" I call out after him out of panic, at the thought of him leaving again.

I hear his footsteps retreating, and he soon comes into view. At first I don't look at him, feeling a little shy and scared that he might make fun of me.

He doesn't say anything but I feel him walk closer to me. I tense up for a few seconds, when I feel his hands on my arms.

" Do you wanna go out for ice cream?" I look up at him and the look in his eyes tells me everything.

He wants to talk in private.

I offer a small smile as my answer, and I watch him physically relax. He reaches out his hand to take mine but I pull my hand back, causing him to frown.

"You went missing Adams, don't think it'll be that easy." I say, walking past him.

On my way out, I call out to Aiden and inform him that I'm going out.

Imagine my surprise when right outside, I see his old truck all fixed up with a nice red colour.

" Tell me we wont get stuck in the middle of nowhere again?" I say in my teasing tone, as I head on to the passenger side.

"Ha ha, very funny." He says.

We both get into the car and he turns on some music, before he drives us out of there. I can't help but to glance at him every now and then, wanting to make sure that I am not dreaming.

Though I may not admit out loud, I have to say that he looks really good and now, I know that we have to prepare for many eyes to follow him around. He takes us to that pizza place, we had gone to, the first time we had ever gone out.

Once we find our seats and have ordered, I turn to him, not being able to hold my tongue. "So why did you choose today, to be the day you return?"

" Because I couldn't stay away any longer." His answer keeps me tongue tied for a moment, that I'll need another, to have something to say.

I look away and stare out the window.

" I know that what my brother said to you the other day, it wasn't fair and -----------"

" He wasn't wrong."

" No he was, he had no right -----------"

" He's your brother, a brother who cares deeply about his sister and her wellbeing. "