Chapter Twenty-One

Y/n's POV.

After requiring my oldest but strongest weapon so far, I visited the cliff to meet a special guardian of mine. While walking, I noticed that Taiyang went silent along the trip. I know years passed like a wind and it still fresh on our minds. I kept walking, my sight was still in front, not wanting to ask nor talk something to lighten up the mood.

It is my fault after all...

"So how was the girls in beacon?". Taiyang suddenly spoke, making me out of my trance a bit and smiled melodiously.

"Ms. Xiao Long and Ms. Rose are doing fine at Beacon. But her team were onto something big and perilous now.". My smile slowly falters while thinking of the recent incidents that Ruby and her team faced in.

Taiyang made a sigh, a sigh that also made me sad. He lost two already in his life, and I don't want him to lose more.

"If our hunch were correct, this should be stop before it could get even worse.". I said, with a hint of reassurance on my voice. I know Taiyang listens to me, but..with all those failures..I don't blame him if he couldn't trust me the way he did before.

"Well? Let's hope so. You know that this peace we've been on right now is only temporary. We need to ensure that event won't happen again.". His voice is calm and compose, not hinting his quirky jokey tone that I always heard from him.

I let out a small smile at him and he smiles back..no like a fatherly smile. The ones that I've seen in James recently.

We've reached the Cliff and saw her grave. Taiyang stood a few inches away from us and nods his head. I gently kneeled and takes a full bloom white rose on my belt and placed it at the top of her grave.

"It's been a very very long time since I visited you. I don't want to disrupt your peace but we've got a situation now..". I paused and let out a heavy sigh before I continued. "...Salem was on the move again. She's slowly getting another chance to destroy humanity and..to get and use me again. I knew this day would come since I've seen it from the memories from Ash so..I've decided to stop the oppression as early as possible. I know you won't going to agree but..this is the chance I've saw to stop the menacing future.".

I slowly got up and a violent wind surpasses on me, my hood flies off and falls down on my shoulders.

"I know Summer, but..if I didn't move and hide for too long, so many lives would be sacrificed.". I slowly turn around and going to walk away from the grave but I stopped and glanced to the grave on more time with a smile.

"I'll protect them and myself as well so please be at ease.". And with that said, I walked straight through Taiyang's location and tell my other plans on him that no one..even oz knows.

I'll need Taiyang and his team just in case something might've happen or out of control.

After doing my errands, I bid my farewell on him. He said he sent Zwei on Beacon in a mail, which I slightly laugh. He always doing that until now. I teleported back to Beacon with ease and landed on the air docks where I saw James and Glynda standing there. I slowly made my way towards them but before I could even near on them, Glynda swings her ripcord and ready to throw a offensive attack.

"You know you can't just show around like that? I could've kill you.". Glynda said as she quickly lowers her weapon and bows gently before scolding me.

"Ah, my apologies. I was only going to greet you two but it seems you have a serious discussion there.". I said as my voice starts to go on it's deeper tone.

James holds his arm and faced me with a small smile before he bows slightly. "We've been discussing the plan for tomorrow Ein. Oz made the preparations and ready to set in motion.". He said.