Chapter Eighteen

No one's POV.

The lovely goddess is taking the heiress and little red on a 'date' around Vale. They've visited a certain shop that Ruby mentioned before which is quite famous for their out of this world treats and desserts.

"This is the best day..EVER!". Ruby happily yelled as she widely scooped her cookies and cream ice cream and quickly shove it in her mouth.

"*sigh* You've already said those words for the third time Ruby, we get it. And also, don't yell on us. We're clearly not deaf you know.". Weiss said and take a small bite on her Vanilla ice cream in a graceful manner,completely opposite of Ruby's oblivious demeanor.

Ruby ignored the Heiress's complain and continues to eat her ice cream in full delight. The goddess made a soft chuckles for their silly yet remarkable antics. Weiss furtively glued her eyes to the Goddess who's seemingly enjoying her cup of coffee on the opposite side of the table.

But, the goddess sees it and smiles at her, making the heiress blushed a bit before she averted her gaze off onto her ice cream.

"We should do this a lot more often Y/n.". Ruby said.

"If we have a free time and schedule then..why not?". The goddess simply replied while still having her gentle smile on her face.

"You seem a little too busy for these past few days Y/n. We didn't even see you attending class or even having lunch at the cafeteria.". Weiss said as she starts dotting her food.

"That's because I've been through a lot of work this weekend so I can't really be seen around in Beacon.".

"And what kind of 'work' is that?". The heiress suddenly stops dotting her food and looked to the the Goddess with a suspecting glare.

Y/n felt that the heiress is starting to get suspicious on her and to real agenda but she keep herself calm and look unfazed about Weiss's intriguing question.

"A kind of work that is accurately affiliated to the daily lives of being a huntress of Atlas and Beacon Academy.". Y/n said before she takes a sip on her coffee.

Weiss looks down to the floor and trying to analyze her answer.

"Wow, you're surely are a busy one like your dad, aren't you?". Ruby meddles in.

"Indeed I am.". Y/n answered.

"You know Y/n, we still don't know what is your semblance though.". Ruby said.

"Yeah.". Weiss looks up and casts her gaze back to the goddess with a wondering expression. "We both grew up in Atlas and your Winter's comrade but I still don't know your semblance. Some of the students in Beacon assumes that your semblance is Teleportation while the others said that it was Manipulation.".

"Manipulation, you mean..like controlling poles too like Pyrrha?". Ruby asked.

"Ugh..Pyrrha's semblance is Polarity, how many times do I have to tell you that?". Weiss blurted out.

"Oh..he he, sorry!". Ruby said with a sheepish smile.

"Hmm, all I can say is my dear semblance is quite different from everyone.". Y/n said while she's gazing through her left hand.

"You didn't even directly answer my question!". Ruby said, annoyingly.

"Mine too.". Weiss followed, making the two casts their glaring look to the goddess. "You're always answering us in rather enigmatic or mysterious ways. It's like you're hiding something from us.".

Y/n slightly startled, seeing that Ruby..mostly Weiss are going to far from their questioning game. Even if the Goddess wants to reveal the true situation of Humanity to them, she can't take the risk. They're still not ready to face the danger and Salem on that current state they have right now.