The Recovery-Chapter 10

Same day 6th May 10 am-

Kendra

I laid on my guest California king size bed tossing and turning with my eyes shut tightly but my emotions wide open

I laid on my guest California king size bed tossing and turning with my eyes shut tightly but my emotions wide open. I still can't believe Jayden did that to me.

A part of me still hasn't come to terms with the events that transpired yesterday.

Everything happened so quickly I didn't know what to think.

A man that I had let into my home, into my life and into my heart was now a monster in my eyes. I couldn't un-see or un-feel the things that happened yesterday.

A part of me was stuck on repeat. What did I do to deserve this? As I tried to turn on my side I wince in pain. Squeezing my shut eyes in parallel to the pain I was already feeling.

I opened my eyes slowly and took in the surroundings of my guestroom. After what happened with Jayden last night, he left my room in a rage. Not knowing if he would come back, I chose to stay in the guest-bedroom and locked the door.

Just as I was about to get out of bed and try to make sense of the rest of my day, I get an incoming call. 

Hussle ❄️ wants to FaceTime....

I sigh before putting on a brave face.

Hussle (Karter), was literally my older twin. He always knew when something was wrong with me by just looking into my eyes. He saw the real me. No matter how hard I tried to hide it, he could always just see right through me which is why I guess we were so close because I could do the same.

I've celebrated some of my biggest successes with him and gone through some of biggest losses with him. That nigga really been my rock.

But right now, in this moment, I just wanted him to not see through me. Please, just this once.

"What took you so long to answer KD? And why you look like you just woke up? Ain't you supposed to be at work ?"

"Damn Hussle, can I at least answer one question before you continue?"

"You a lawyer, aren't you supposed to have an answer to everything?"

I wave him off with laughter "Yeahh, okay whatever old man. And to answer your question I'm having a day off"

"Always with the old jokes. This old man can still whip yo ass lil girl. Keep playing with me.  And  you know you don't ever have no damn day off so forgive me if I'm a lil confused"

Yeah yeah so I'm abit of an workaholic but my dream house isn't going to pay for itself. I'd been building my dream house for about a year now. Just been working and saving. I can't wait to see what it looks like fully finished.

Soon be a homeowner fr fr.

"So did you just call me to abuse me on this fine sunny morning?"

"Nahh I actually called you to check on you, you didn't let me know when you got home from D's so I was worried"