My train of thoughts were disrupted, when my social worker Alice walked in holding a bundle of clothes.

"Up early I see! You ready to get ready and leave?" She cheerfully asked me.

"Um sure." I mean, I just woke up but okay.

She gave me the small bundle of clothes and told me to quickly get changed.

She had given me simple black leggings, an oversized hoodie that had the words California West Coast in bold red writing. It was paired with black and white knitted trainers. Luckily, my bruises did not show as all my skin was covered.

After showering, getting changed and brushing my teeth, I walked back out into the hospital room where Alice and Linda sat talking and laughing quietly

"I-I'm ready" I stammered uncertainly. Was I ready?

Physically... yes.

Mentally... most definitely not.

"Great, then lets go." We bid out farewells to Linda and made our way outside to her car.

On the way to my now old house, we sat in a comfortable silence with the radio playing quietly in the background.

"Here we are, would you like me to come in with you?" Yes.

I nodded quickly, letting her know I needed her with me. I was not about to go in that house alone with all those memories surrounding me. At least with her there, I had some kind of comfort.

We walked in together and I immediately looked down and blushed with embarrassment as I saw the state of my house.

Beer bottles and cigarettes littered the ground. Some were smashed and some were still half full. I heard Alice gasp softly after seeing the conditions I was living in.

I quickly walked up the stairs to avoid confrontation and picked the little belongings I had into a small duffel back.

I took one last look around my bedroom.

I'm gonna miss it. It was my only place of comfort in this house and the only place I was mainly safe. I know sometimes Chris would kick the door down but other times I had felt safe in here.

Realising I may be taking a while, I turned, softly shutting my door and went back downstairs to where Alice was.

"Let's go" I said to her. I'm finally ready to leave this house and never come back.