Chapter 2

Her current house ^^^

Amelia's POV.

RIIIINNGGGGG!!!

I jolted up from my bed at the sound of my alarm clock ringing throughout my silent bedroom. I cursed under my breath and quickly shut off my alarm, hoping I hadn't woken up Chris. The clock read 5:30am, so hopefully he wasn't up yet.

I waited a few moments to see if I could hear any movement, but luckily I didn't.

He was still asleep, phew.

I sat up in my bed, just staring into space. I analysed every aspect of my room, just like I do every morning. My chest of drawers, which had more than enough room for the little amount of clothes I had, stood against one side of my small room. A singular, wooden chair sat right next to my creaky bed. A striped rug was laid out at the foot of my bed. A few blouses were hung up above my chest of drawers and a rectangular window was above the head of my bed.

I sometimes imagine that this is all a dream

I sometimes imagine that this is all a dream. That I'm being punked or filmed or something. That this wasn't actually my life.

I'm constantly waiting for someone to pop out saying "it was a joke" or "you've just been a part of our new tv show on what you would do if you were being abused".

Stupid, I know.

But this was a reality. It had been a reality for 9 years and I had finally gotten used to it.

After realising I had been daydreaming for about 5 minutes, I finally got out of bed and got myself ready for the morning. I showered, brushed my teeth and put on a black and white striped long sleeved shirt, with Boyfriend skinny jeans. I decided to pair my balance running shoes with this. I grabbed my backpack and quickly left the house before my other or Chris woke up and found me.

 I grabbed my backpack and quickly left the house before my other or Chris woke up and found me

It had become a part of my daily routine to go out early and spend some time at the park. I never used to do this or even would have thought of doing this but it feels nice to get away sometimes.