Chapter 1

Amelia's POV.

"AMELIA! OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!" My step father's voice boomed through the door.

Fear ran my body as I sat shaking in the corner of my room. There was no way, I was going to go unlock the door. I probably should but it's too late, the beating will be even worse than it has ever been before. Tears raced down my face, as I prayed silently that he'd go away.

"Please God, I'm begging you. Make him go away, make him stop. I can't take anymore. Please, please make him stop. I promise I'll never do anything wrong or bad again, even though I don't know what I did to make this happen but ple-"

My prayer got cut short as the door flew off it's hinges at smacked against the wall behind it. My screams rang throughout my room as he stalked towards me. His body reeked of alcohol and he could barely walk straight, but he somehow managed to get to me. I was frozen. It was as if time slowed down to make my punishment longer.

His dirty hands gripped my shoulders and roughly pulled me up until I was eye level with him and my feet were dangling about 2 feet off the ground. My face became soaked as my tears sped up.

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR, YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL!!" His hands moved down to my neck as he yelled in my face. Too afraid to speak, I nodded quickly. This only seemed to fuel his anger and I felt his hands tightening around my throat. My hands gripped onto his, desperately trying to pry them off so I could breathe.

"SO YOU DELIBERATELY IGNORED ME?! HOW DARE YOU, YOU FUCKING BITCH, DON'T YOU EVER IGNORE ME! I AM THE MAN OF THIS HOUSE AND YOU ALWAYS LISTEN TO ME, YOU ALWAYS RESPECT ME AND YOU ALWAYS DO AS I SAY!" His hands tightened as he screamed at me.

Black dots blurred my vision. My eyes began to droop and my body started to feel light from lack of air. His hands finally left my throat but it was no use. I tried gasping for air but my body had a mind of its own.

Right before I blacked out, I noticed my mother standing in the doorway, staring at me with an expressionless emotion.

It was then that my eyes finally shut..

——————————————————

I woke up sputtering and gasping for air, in the same place I had collapsed. My neck ached from Chris' abuse.

Massaging my neck softly, I slowly got up and went into my bathroom to take a bath, hoping it would help me in some way. I looked into the mirror to see bruises covering my neck. The girl looking back at me was weak. Ugly. Broken. She was unfixable. Breaking my gaze with the girl in the mirror, I ran the bath making sure it was warm, almost hot. All while doing this, tears streamed down my face as I thought of my life had come to.

Why did my mother have to marry Chris? Why does he hate me? What did I do to him?
——————————————————
*1 Hour Later*

My body ached with exhaustion from today's events. I needed to sleep but I knew I couldn't. I'd basically just be asking for a nightmare.

So instead I plugged my earphones into my ears and listened to Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over .

*Start playing the song*

Don't you know I'm no good for you?
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'
But nothin' ever stops you leavin'
Quiet when I'm comin' home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Don't you know too much already?
I'll only hurt you if you let me
Call me friend but keep me closer (call me back)
And I'll call you when the party's over
Quiet when I'm comin' home and I'm on my own
And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Yeah, I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
But nothin' is better sometimes
Once we've both said our goodbyes
Let's just let it go
Let me let you go
Quiet when I'm comin' home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

I put the song on repeat and eventually found myself drifting off to sleep.

Authors Note

So I've just finished my first ever chapter and tbh it didn't take as long as I thought it would've. I know it is pretty short but they will be longer in the future.

More chapters will soon come, I'll try to upload a chapter daily. Maybe more than one a day if it comes to me as quickly as this chapter did but hopefully you enjoyed the first chapter.

~Slayy_babyy

*850 words*