Chapter 3

Amelia's POV.

This can't be true.

"M-my father?" I stammered.

This must be a joke. I don't have a father. At least I don't think so.

"Yes dear, your father. He literally jumped at the chance to see you again." She grinned at me.

To see me again? He knows about me but still let me suffer? He let me live basically my whole life in pain?

That's not a father. Certainly not mine at least. I don't have a father.

"Where does he live" I questioned.

I just want to get away from here, to start fresh. Even if it is with my "father".

"He lives in California. You will be going there will your new social worker as soon as you get released from the hospital." She smiled at me softly before turning around and walking out, leaving me to sit alone on the bed.

——————————————————————————————————————

*3 days later*

The door opened and in walked a petite woman followed by the nurse.

"Hello dear I'm Alice, your new social worker as of today." She spoke softly and smiled at me.

There was something about Alice that gave me a motherly feeling, something I wasn't used to.

"Hi.." I replied shyly, not knowing what else to say or do.

Alice cautiously walked closer to me and sat next to me on the bed. She grabbed by hand gently and rubbed small circles on the back of my hand while she spoke to me.

"Are you aware of your current living situation..?" I nodded. "Well, today you are being discharged with me. We'll go and stop at your house so you can pack up all the things you need. From there, I will bring you to the airport where your father will meet us." She stopped briefly giving me a chance to digest this information.

This was really happening. I'm going to live with my so called father.

My mind went back to the day I woke up and the nurse had told me that she had spoken to him on the phone and told me he "jumped" at the chance to see me again.

Is he really that excited to see me? Why couldn't he see me before?

No matter what his reasoning was, I didn't have a choice. And to be honest I didn't mind too much. He was taking me away from this life.

I couldn't ruin this opportunity. So I made a mental promise to myself to keep quiet about my past. To never bring it up again. It was for the best.

——————————————————————————————————————

*The next day*

I woke up just in time to see the nurse, whose name I learnt I was Linda, coming in, with a bright smile on her face.

Today was the day. I was leaving and starting a new life.

"Good morning sweetie, how are you feeling today?" She asked me.

"I'm fine thanks." I lied. I was scared out of my mind. What if my "father" doesn't like me? What if he doesn't really want me? What if he's exactly like Chris or even worse?