Chapter 4: Beacon Academy

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) nodded in agreement, leaving them only a second before realizing what he was doing.

Not even seeing him move, (Y/N) suddenly appeared next to Ruby, examining the weapon completely over. He touched every nook and cranny he could find, trying to learn more and more about what he was seeing.

Ruby was not expecting this in the slightest though. She flushed in embarrassment with how close he was around her.

Only for it to be unnoticed by (Y/N), who continued to circle around the weapon.

(Y/N): "This is a really nice Scythe. Focuses on the damage you could deal and utilizes the flaws of each form. It fits you."

Ruby: "O-oh. Thank you."

(Y/N): "Did you name it?"

Ruby: "Y-yeah. Crescent Rose."

Happy to hear that, (Y/N) turned his head away from the scythe.

Only for it to be met by Ruby's blushing face, barely a few inches a part.

Realization from what he just did kicked in. It made him immediately backed off out of fear.

(Y/N): "Sorry, sorry, sorry. Didn't realize how close I was to you."

Standing stiff, (Y/N) grabbed his arm and fiddled in embarrassment.

(Y/N): "I kind of, maybe, slightly, have a fascination with people and their weapons."

And at that moment, everything changed.

For in the briefest of moments...

All of Ruby's embarrassment turned into excitement.

Ruby: "Really?! Me too!"

Shocked to hear that from Ruby, (Y/N) looked back up from his spot, staring at her in pure bewilderment.

Out of a combination of enjoyment and surprise, the two of them couldn't take their eyes off of each other for minutes on end.

Only to be ended by one sound. 

Jaune: "Ahem."

And it was at that moment, both Ruby and (Y/N) turned away from each other.

(Y/N)/Ruby: "That was embarrassing."

Realizing that they left Jaune out of the conversation from their moment, Ruby calmed herself down and turned her head to Jaune.

Ruby: "So Jaune, what do you have?"

Jaune: "Oh, I uh... got this sword!

Jaune unsheathed the sword from his hip, showing it to the other two. He didn't do anything as grand as Ruby, but simply lifted it into the air.

The sword was basic, being a blade with a yellow hilt and a blue handle. It was the antithesis of Crescent Rose. His weapon was simple and classic while Ruby's was mechanical and brand new.

Ruby: "Ooooohh!"

Jaune: "Yeah, and I've got a shield too!"

Jaune lifted his scabbard and it changed into a shield.

The shield matched a similar design to the sword, being a mixture of white and yellow on the front of it.

Ruby walked up to the shield and touched it. She wanted to know more about his stuff, so she thought getting closer might help.

Ruby: "So, what do they do?"

After letting go of the shield, it immediately changed back into a scabbard, fumbling around Jaune's hands. It went all over the place, before eventually landing back into Jaune's arms.