Swear I'm Not Crazy

Roseanne's P.O.V:

I ran out of the library. I couldn't take it; that was to creepy. 

Maybe I'm just delusional but that felt real.

Without even looking at where I'm headed, I end up slamming into someone else walking down the hallway. I ran into them so fast that we both ended up falling to the floor.

Glancing over I see that it's none other than his best friend. "Xavier?" He looks at me and pulls himself up off the floor. His warm brown eyes never leave mine as he studies me. "That's my name. Don't wear it out." 

His voice is both calming and secretive in the same instant. He watches as I pick myself up off the ground and stand once again on my own two feet. Well, he's not a gentleman. 

"What were you doing running around like that? Should've been paying better attention." 

He's gonna think I'm crazy but I really do need to tell someone what just happened. "You wouldn't believe me anyway." He thinks about this for a moment, always keeping his eyes on me. It's starting to make me uncomfortable. Then he says, "Try me sweetheart. I'm more open minded than you give me credit for." Wait. What? On that noteworthy vote of confidence; I tell him everything.

Xavier's P.O.V:

Okay, maybe Cole, isn't the only one who gets into trouble. It's already been, what an hour or two back into this hell hole and I'm already ditching class. 

That is until someone practically runs me over in the hallway. Class isn't even half way over; nobody else should even be out here. Granted I shouldn't be out here but I don't want to go back.

I look over and find myself staring into pretty hazel eyes. It's her, the girl my best friend is planning on using. What is she doing out here? Why does she look like she's seen a ghost?

"Xavier?" Her voice sounds like harmony, it's so beautiful. 

Dude, stop and compose yourself. Don't think like that. 

I can't help it. I cant take my eyes off of hers as I pull myself up off the floor. Then kick myself for not even offering to help her stand up. 

I hide it and watch her as she watches me. "That's my name. Don't wear it out." Sound arrogant? I know. That's kind of what I was going for. 

It's better that way. Makes people keep their distance. Then I ask the question that's been on my mind, "What were you doing running around like that? Should've been paying better attention." I watch as she picks herself up off the floor and once again mentally chastised myself for not offering to help her. 

She clears her throat and studies me. Still looking a bit frightened. "You wouldn't believe me anyway." Now, that catches my attention. 

I watch her for a moment making sure that she is actually in front of me and not just a figment of my imagination. Between you and me I've had a thing for her since, well practically forever. She's never noticed. So I tell her, "Try me sweetheart. I'm more open minded than you give me credit for." I watch as her eyes almost light up with amazement. 

Then she starts telling me about what she saw and the voice she heard in the library, and my blood runs cold.