The thorn birds

Time skip

Your pov

It's been a month since Hisoka's last call, meanwhile Chrollo and I have gotten even closer than before, softening but at the same time ending up having sex almost every night, each time putting more and more love into it.
It's 7 in the morning, I woke up after a long and fantastic night, like all the others after all.

Y/n: "Good morning love~ how long have you been awake?"
Chrollo: "For half an hour, you are adorable when you sleep~"
Y/n: "Says the one that almost choked me 3 hours ago~"
Chrollo: "Says the one who reduced my back a modern artwork~"
Y/n: "You are already an artwork by yourself"
Chrollo: "And you gave this art a beautiful meaning that no one else could have given"
Y/n: "I love you so much~"
Chrollo: "I love you too my baby~"

He lifted me up to his face and kissed me.
Our long and passionate kiss was interrupted by a call. I looked at Chrollo's phone screen and Hisoka's name appeared above it.

Chrollo: "Tell me"
Hisoka: "Guess what?~♡"
Chrollo: "Cut it out"
Hisoka: "All right... I have your Nen, or rather, I have the information to bring it back~♧"
Chrollo: "Let's meet where you are now, I'll arrive as soon as possible"
Hisoka: "You really don't want t-

Call ended.

Y/n: "So? Does he have your Nen?"
Chrollo: "Apparently yes, I have to go to him to get it back though"
Y/n: "Yay! Should I come too?"
Chrollo: "I'm sorry sweetheart, but you better stay here safe. After I get my Nen back I have to go back to Meteor City to do some chores and get something, but I promise it won't take more than 2 weeks"
Y/n: "Oh, I see... I can bear this wait,
I think..."
Chrollo: "Do you know the wardrobe? It has a double face. It contains a lot of books on the back. You can read some of them while I'm away, they are really beautiful. I recommend you to read especially "The thorn birds", it's wonderful. It was perhaps that book that made me think about love"
Y/n: "then I'll think of you while I read it~"
Chrollo: "I'd be grateful. Now I have to go kitten, I'll miss you~"
Y/n: "I'll miss you too~"

He gave me a long, deep kiss as he held me in his strong arms, then let go of his grip as he walked out of the room, giving me another smile.
I threw myself back on the bed, deadly tired, but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I immediately went to look for the book that he had recommended...
'The thorn birds, huh?'
I opened the wardrobe and finding a double bottom on the first drawer, I opened the bookcase it was hiding.
The book he named was detached from everyone else, as if waiting to be read.

For the next two days I did nothing but read that book, without turning any gaze or attention to anything else. I couldn't even sleep due to his absence.
Now I understand why a guy like him started looking for love, this book is fantastic...
I want to read more!
I went back to the library to choose another book, after a day it was finished. And the cycle repeated itself.
His absence is tormenting me, but I have to thank him for this experience, now my mind has opened and I have a better view of love.
'I want to watch something now though'.

As if someone had heard me, I heard the door knock, and without thinking I immediately opened it.

Illumi: "Hey, y/n, we haven't met for a long time"

Oh shit! I look awful!

Y/n: "Oh, what a surprise! Eheh..."
Illumi: "Don't worry, let me in when you're ready, take your time".

I immediately closed the door and rushed to the bathroom to wash me up, try to fix my hair a little and wear something decent.
I took the first skirt and top that I came across and within a second I was already wearing them.

Y/n: "You can enter now!"
Illumi: "Oh, much better. Sorry for the sudden visit, but Hisoka told me you'd be alone these days, so he asked me to keep you company"
Y/n: "Aww, I didn't expect him to worry so much about me! But you shouldn't have bothered!"
Illumi: "You are my only friend, I don't see anything wrong with coming to visit you and care about you"
Y/n: "I love you!"

I hugged him almost squeezing him due to the lack of affection I was feeling in those days. Then I sat on the bed inviting him to sit next to me.

Illumi: "So? How's it going with Chrollo? Tell me everything"
Y/n: "OH YES! YOU DON'T KNOW IT! So it all started in Yorknew city, the day of the auction..."

Illumi's pov

We spent the whole day telling each other about what had happened to us since the last time we spoke.
She told me with her eyes full of happiness of how she approached Chrollo, even becoming his girlfriend, while I simply told her about some more or less interesting missions.

Illumi: "So I guess you're of age now"
Y/n: "That's right, I'm almost 20 now!"
Illumi: "Ohh, time passes quickly, I guess you and Chrollo..."
Y/n: "Uhm..."
Illumi: "Oh don't worry, no problem. You're a beautiful girl, I would have bet you did it first"
Y/n: "You're not ugly at all! It's just that those few emotions you have are only with me, you have to make an effort to do it with other girls too to understand which one is right for you!"

I can't do it, you're the only one who makes me feel like a void, actually a blow to the stomach, makes me feel damn good but strangely agitated. I don't understand why you are the only one to have this effect on me that I can't even understand what it is, but I don't want to ruin our friendship by talking about it, risking even losing you...
Now you have reached happiness with Chrollo, I just need to know this, I don't want another girl.

Y/n: "I want to show you a movie!"
Illumi: "It's late though, you should sleep"
Y/n: "Nah, I don't want to sleep if you're there! And then I really care about it"
Illumi: "Okay. What is it about?"
Y/n "You'll see for yourself".

Your pov

After a few minutes that I started the movie 'the Giver - Jonas' world' I had collapsed.
I hadn't slept at all for 5 days, and feeling safe and protected in Illumi's presence I fell asleep, waking up almost 2 days later.
Illumi obviously wasn't there with me anymore, so I got up to look for something else to do.
I picked up the phone after 8 days to look for something interesting, but the only thing I found is a message from Illumi:

Illu♡: [I offer you my heartfelt apologies for leaving you there alone, but seeing that you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't have the slightest intention of interrupting your dreams by disturbing you. However, the film is magnificent, I didn't think it could affect me. I really thank you for being by my side even if not physically.
I love you.]

I hugged the phone for twenty minutes before looking for a suitable answer, and when I found the right words I sent him my answer.

[You don't have to thank me. That's what friends do! I will always be there with you to support you, remember that! I love you very much too! UwU]

Getting no response, I lay on the bed with my arms outstretched staring at the ceiling.
All day I have done nothing but meditate, I have probably read so many books together that I am freaking out, or it is simply because of his absence.

As soon as the sun's rays penetrated the window and made light throughout the room, I decided it was time to take a nice shower.
I have lost track of the days, it has probably just begun on the ninth day since Chrollo left, and since he could suddenly return I have to be ready.
After a very long reflective and refreshing shower, I dried my hair, did the skin care and put on one of his t-shirts, with nothing underneath.
I hugged his t-shirt tight, trying to find Chrollo somehow.
His perfume is really good, damn it!
I miss him!
Smelling his scent on me, I remembered all the times we did it, both the sweetest and the really violent ones.
Perfect, I just lacked abstinence.

'Beg me to keep fucking you to make you cum for the fourth time, you naughty girl'

Hearing his voice in my head telling me to beg him or to keep screaming, I couldn't resist and took my hand towards my femininity. Putting two fingers in and making them move at a pretty fast pace, I kept obeying his orders in my head, screaming his name and begging him to make me cum.
When I was close to reach the orgasm, a figure rushed into the room without making any sound and with incredible speed.

Chrollo: "If you are begging me~"