Sam turned to you, knowing you would have more of an opinion than him.

"Yeah you guys can take a break" you say taking the last bite of you breakfast burrito.

"Wait, 'you guys?' " Sam asks a frown on his face.

"Yes, if you want a break so bad, you guys can have one. I will be fine for a day on my own. I'm a big girl" you say with your mouth full. 

"Aren't you tired? You are always the first one up, and we never go to bed before midnight" Dean asks looking at you like you were the crazy person here.

"Look. I just want to catch this thing so we can move on to the next baddie on our list" It wasn't really your style for breaks. You never really took them. It was always back to back hunting unless you got super hurt, but you wouldn't mind the time with the boys. It was just you knew that the longer your apitite grew for blood the less in control you were of your urges. 

"y/n you are not going out there alone" Dean say sternly. 

"What are you my mom?" you scoff.

"I just don't want you getting hurt" Dean replies without skipping a beat. "Give me 10 minutes and we can go on whatever hike you want" You watch as he turns around to grab his bag before heading into the bathroom. You turn to see Sams expression, he looked tired and you felt bad.

"You guys really can take a break today. I promise I won't get into too much trouble" 

"No its okay y/n" it s quiet for a minute before he speaks up again "coming to think of it I think the longest we have been without a case when traveling with you was right after Eve and we only took two days off" He says chuckling. "Have you ever taken some time for yourself?"

You think about his question. Time for myself? What would I even do?

Every now and then you find yourself in between cases for a couple days but it is mainly just watching some stupid tv show while translating books and papers. No real hobbies or outside interests. 

"I garden" you say to Sam.

"Oh really? When?" He says already knowing your answer.

"When I get the time"

"See y/n you need to learn to have some fun outside of taking a movie night or a trip to the bar or your research. You need a vacation" He says smiling. "Maybe we can do just that after all this"

Vacation. What does that even mean? What would that look like?

"Sure Sam. If you can find a way to pull me away from cases, I will go on this so called 'vacation'" you drink another sip of your coffee as  Dean comes back out of the bathroom.

"You ready?" he asks grabbing his weapon bag and jacket.

You and Sam both get up, following Dean out to his car.

It was a short 15 minute drive to the trail head. You noticed as Dean parked a couple spaces down from a little white car.

"Guess someone else is on the trail today" Sam says. You just nod in response.

The trials had all been pretty scarce which made you realize just how frequent the missing persons really was. If there were no people generally on the trail then whenever there was one, they probably got taken. 

After maybe 20 minutes into your hike you see women in hiking shorts and a tank top walking your way. "Good morning" She says smiling as she passes you. "Morning" Sam says politely.

You three make your way to the end of the trail and decide to once again take a look around.

After a couple of hours of searching and only coming across some of Sams distant relatives (a couple of moose) you decided that maybe this trail was a bust. "We should go on another trail before it gets too late, maybe notice something we haven't yet" You say, meeting back up with Sam and Dean.