Chapter 1

I woke up with everyone staring down at me. Hope, the twins, and my parents.

"Madi what happened?!" Davina asks.

I think through what happened. The last thing I remember is someone snapped my neck. Which means I died.

"Am I in transition?" I ask.

"Yeah..." Hope says.

I can see Kol hold in his smile. I knew he had wanted me to be a vampire for a while now. I'm not mad about this, I've just never thought about it before. My dad is one of the Original vampires and my mom is one of the New Orleans witches. Hope is my cousin, both her parents have died.

"You need to drink human blood." Kol says.

"I know how transitions work dad." I say.

I sit up and follow my dad. We go to the town square of Mystic Falls.

"Wait here." He says and speeds off.

He comes back with a girl.

"Stand still don't move, this wont hurt and don't scream." He compels.

I walk up to them and turn their head to the side. Then I bite their neck and I hear distant yells but I ignored them. The blood tasted so good and I couldn't stop. I felt Kol try to grab me but I shoved him away. I could feel the blood dripping down my chest. Suddenly I feel the head fall off and I back away.

"I-I don't know what came over me." I say.

"You're a ripper sweetheart." Kol says.

"H-how do I control it?" I ask shaking.

"You will have to try much harder than normal vampires."

"Well no duh." I say.

"I'm actaully useless when it comes to ripper stuff, I've never had to go through it." He admits.

"Great in the meantime I have to try and not rip someone's head off." I say and go back to the Salvatore School.

I meet up with Hope and the twins.

"Hey how you doing?" Hope asks.

"I just found out that I'm a ripper." I say.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" She says.

"Don't be its not your fault." I say and walk away.

I decide to go upstairs to my room. As I walk past the other students of the Salvatore School, I could only smell their blood. I could hear their hearts pumping and my head was spinning. I felt dizzy and just tried to get up to my room. I sped up stairs and locked my door. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

I have to keep it together, I'm strong and I can control it. I just have to try a bit harder.

I was born a siphon witch from New Orleans coven. I am the first siphoner of this coven and now I'm the first Heretic of this coven. Hope is the Original Tribrid. She is the daughter of Klaus and Hayley but both of them have died. Hope is 15 and I'm 15. So i'm a freshman like her and Lizzie and Josie are 16.

There have been these monsters coming to our school. They seem to attack this boy Landon Kirby, Hope's boyfriend. Everyday it gets less and less safe. That's how I died, one of the Salvatore students mistaken me for the monster and snapped my neck. I always knew I was going to become a Heretic. I've been wanting to become a vampire but my mom said no. My dad of course said yes but my mom told him no. I'm kinda happy to be immortal. Now I will finally be out of Hope's shadow, everyone overlooks me. Just cause Hope is a Tribrid everyone wants to be her friend they want to give her attention and leave me to the shadows.