Chapter 16

"I'm sorry. He shoved the truth serum down my throat." I immediately apologize as I could feel a tear falling down my cheek.

His head turns to Voldemort then back to me. I can't tell what he is thinking but it can't possibly be good.

"Draco I've underestimated you. How would you like to do the honers and kill her?" Voldemort says. "She's no use to me anymore. So unless you want to be useless too, kill her."

He immediately turns back to look at me. At this point my eyes had been flooded with tears. I could feel the Imperius Curse had been lifted and I could freely move. Draco walks up close to me. Towering over me he raises his wand to my neck. No tears, no look of regret. His face was empty. He wouldn't kill me. He loves me right?

"Draco?" I question him and take his hand.

He yanks out of my grip. "I have to kill you."

  "Draco please, you love me. You wouldn't kill me. What did they do to you?" My voice breaks in the thought of Draco betraying me.

"I don't love you anymore. You abandoned me you only care for yourself. Your just trying to keep yourself alive." His voice getting angry.

"You may not get this but life is more than surviving. So no I wasn't just trying to save my own skin. I don't think you've ever felt the feeling of being truly happy without me. I would've definitely let myself die but I know you would have been devastated. Even if i'm not with you I will always find my way back. You don't need to kill me. Because I'm already dead." I take out the knife I stowed away after I removed it from my leg.

I hold it against my own neck and slit my throat. In this moment Draco would've never been able to live with himself if he had killed me. By slitting my throat I will come back. It will give him what he needs to come back to his senses. It'll be like flipping that humanity switch back to normal. Only he doesn't have one, which is impressive but he needs to feel. I don't know what happened when I was gone that led him to block out his emotions. Or how he did but I'm not going to let this happen.

  Once that blade reaches its tip, it falls out of my hand and I fall to the ground. The last thing I see before I lose conciseness was Draco's face.

•••

  My eye lids flutter open. I sit up quickly and check my surroundings. I had woke up right where I blacked out. Only my hands were chained together. Once everyone realized I had woken they turned their attention to me. Draco walks over to me. He bends down and looks at me. I look directly into his eyes, nothing had changed.

"Draco?" I question.

"It seems the lady is one step ahead. Now lock her up." Voldemort orders.

Draco grabbed me with no hesitation. "Wait no please, Draco what happened to you?"

"Do you honestly think you matter to me anymore? Think again." He says firmly and he drags me towards the dungeon.

"But Draco, I love you. You love me. Why?" I cry.

He doesn't respond. We reach the gate to the dungeon he opens it. "Wait please, if you lock me up I'll die. I need blood within the next 24 hours. I know you don't want me to actually die."

Still no response. He shoves me inside and locks the gate. "At least give me your wrist. I just need one drop then I'll be okay." I call out to him as he walks away.

He stops and turns around. Our eyes lock on each other. My heart is pounding. I walk up to the iron bars. I grasp the bar with my hand, when suddenly I feel a burning on my hands. Vervain. How do they know?