Chapter 19

We carry on with our daily training. We sneak out then back in. It's been weeks since I last spoke with Draco. I have to get over the fact we are falling apart. I loved him but now it's different.

  I sit in the middle of potions class with Snape boring me. He knows everything that went down at the mansion. I feel out of place, I don't like being in the same room as him. But as i'm zoned out that's when I hear it. Lots of screams coming from outside the classroom. I stand up fast in shock. Everyone's looking at me with a weird look.

  "Miss Mikaelson why don't you sit down?" Snape says coldly.

  I'm confused, why didn't they hear that?.
"I- I heard a loud noise. It sounded like an explosion."

  "There was no such sound, sit down." He says rudely.

  It took me a second but I realized it was my vamp hearing. The sound was distant but it couldn't be good. "Sir I have vamp hearing, you wouldn't be able to hear it. But someone did explode at a distance. What if we're getting attacked?"

  "There is a barrier around the school, no one can get in we will be fine. Just sit down." His voice sharply says.

  I sit down in anger, he doesn't listen to me. I mean of course he's a deatheater if we were getting attacked he wouldn't care. But as we got back into our lesson the explosion gets louder. I hear footsteps coming down the hall, they were getting closer and closer. Then the door flies open, Professor Mcgonagoll is standing in the door way.

  "Serverus they're here." She says.

  Snape quickly follows her out of the classroom leaving us alone. Harry looks at me confused, I shift my eyes towards the door. I stand up and start walking out. I can hear the golden trio follow from behind. We find our way outside to see what's happening.
All the deatheaters are shooting spells at the force field. There's so many I can't even begin to count. I see Mcgonagoll leading students out to the courtyard. I listen in on what she's saying.

"Now students we must fight together! Filtch take them to the dungeons! We can't have any risks."

What students are they taking? Are we to fight a battle? We make a run for the courtyard.
As we arrive everyone is gathered. Snape and Mcgonagoll stand at the front. We nudge our way through the crown making it to the front.

"Filtch! Take Madison to the dungeons!" Snape yells.

I look around confused as he grabs my arms.

"What are you doing?! Your going to need me!" I yell back struggling against his grip.

We reach the door to the dungeon and all the other Slytherins are inside. He shoves me in and they start banging on the iron bars. It's so crowded. What are we to do they locked us up. Probably afraid we would turn against this school. Because we can't be trusted.

In a flash someone apparates to the out side of the dungeon. The bars explode and everyone is let out. I get lost in the crowd and don't know which way to go. When suddenly I feel someone's hands around me. I look around and see Draco.

"We'll talk later but first to get you out of here." He whispers and then we apparate.

I'm back at the surface behind the crowd of students. With Draco holding my hand.

"Now students we must fight the deatheaters and don't be afraid!" Mcgonagoll's voice booms through the silence.

  All of a sudden a loud bang echos. I look up to see the force field that was protecting us broke. Deatheaters come swarming in and the war has begun. Draco pulls me back into the castle. Covering our heads so no rubble falls on us.