Jaguar

"And that was how i was held for execution by beheading"
Jaguar paused.....

"excuse me"...he said as he gently stood up and walked all the way back to the old house...

Damaris and Pharaoh were dumbfounded at his story which he didnt complete before standing up....sadness could be seen all over his face as poor Jaguar stood...and his wrinkled forehead became prominent..
Three munites later, he sufaced again with a native bracelet... He quietly sat back in his position and stared at the bracelet in his hand. He grew really sad but somehow held it as he put up a fake smile...

Damaris and Pharaoh quickly glanced at each other, and back at Jaguar

"this was the last thing i got from my mom before i was captured for execution"

"but why did you steal?..and what did you steal" asked curious Damaris still staring at Jaguar who lifted his head this time staring into space as usual......he smiled

"maybe my creator created adversaries and suffering for me...hmm...when i was little...my poor mom suffered a rare sickness..it was a really bad cough that would lead to hard breathing and no matter how hard we tried on our own, we couldn't heal her...my mom suffered this dangerous disease...and because we were poor, we didnt have money to purchase the great leaf from the miracle tree of AKWABA ...this tree called Akwaba is not common like other trees you see around....it has miracle leaves that cures almost all diseases..and only ANAN, the great herblist of the village posseses such leaves because he had the gift of recognizing the power ofleaves that a normal man would walk past and shrug at..but ANAN became very greedy...he started selling the leaves to make wealth...and not only selling them, but selling them at a very high cost that the poor couldn't afford....and no matter how much you begged, Anan will never consider you."

Jaguar paused...he brought out a little kolanut from his old dirty short...he took a bite with his already brown teeth and chewed gently..

"what happened next..please tell us" Damaris held his arm gently for the first time...

"yes tell us" Pharaoh added

Jaguar looked down at her and smiled...
"one night...my mom started coughing very severly..so bad that i was scared she would die then.. because she had never coughed like that before.... it looked like she was loosing breath and i could see her pupils disappering.....i started crying...i checked her wrappers to see if i could see some coins so i could rush to Anan to beg him at least with the little i had, even if it meant crying to him.......but unfortunately not even a penny was in the house....something came over me...hmmm"
Jaguar paused again as he breathed out heavily and he wore a sad look again...
Damaris gently rubbed his arm with her fingers...
"i picked my cutlass that night and ran out of the house, heading to Anan's house.."

"you killed him???" Damaris quickly cut in on hearing the word "cutlass" ....she opened her mouth agape

"haha...no dear...i didn't........on reaching his hut...i entered violently and saw him preparing some concoction, maybe for the next day....i swore to cut off his head if he didnt hand me the leaves of AKWABA...he saw how angry I was and I'm almost sure my eyes were red....he handed the leaves to me and i ran out of his hut....but he started shouting immediately i left, calling the attention of the villagers...and in no time i was chased by some youths, my age mates then...........i  ran with all my strength to get to the house to apply the leaves before my mom will die..even if i get caught after applying them i dont care...but i wanted to save my moms life first....but just as i was running about to take a path leading to my house, a heavy object landed across my face...and that is waht caused this big black scar you are seeing on my face now.."
Jaguar pointed at a big scar on his forehead..
Damaris wanted to ask him about the scar