Oh no, you didn't

Pharoah hung his catapult on his neck, he brought along his little matchet his dad bought for him... He bought it so that he could help with clearing and cutting of palm fronds, little sticks in farm and most importantly protect himself each weekend they choose to go hunting....
Pharoah could remember how he follows his dad behind as they go insearch for games... He also remember how his dad would position his rifle and aim at an antelope, or gazelle.. And how just one bullet from his old rifle would send the unfortunate animal to its early grave...
"dont hold a matchet that way... Hold it this way.. you are not a girl, but a boy" his father would correct him in the bush at times and show him the proper way to handle a cutlass...
"Pharoah.. Stay a distance away from the rabbit hole.... When i dig and you see something run out,  quickly use your matchet okay?? " his father will say with all confidence in him that he will never let me down

" yeeeeeeeee... Daddy!!!!.... I got it!!!!!!.... I got it!!!!!!!!!... I got it dad!!! " Pharoah would shout untop his voice as he lifted a dead rabbit brutally masacared by his matchet..

" aaaaaaaah.... The son of a great hunter!!! ".... his dad would hail him after seeing what he did
Its been three weeks now,  Pharoah hadn't gone hunting with his dad because of the new palm oil contract his dad recently got... Nicholas who barely missed hunting now had a new job that earned him a bit more than what he got from selling his hunted game
Dianne was sick of him insisting on solitude so she pushed to out to hunt. Pharoah thought it okay, at least he didn't have to be around people either. He killed a few snakes and rabbits. He didn't know why he was this depressed. He should be concerned but.. it was like Damaris meant more to him than she should.
He wandered around the bush and picked some stones. He took one from his pocket and aimed at a yellow and black little bird on the branch of a small iroko up front... He released the stone but the bird was very swifter
"aaaah!! " Pharoah said to himself in dissapointment... He took another stone and strapped it to the catapult belt ready for another shot as he tip toed along the bushes. His father had taught him that the secret of a great Hunter was stealth and accuracy. His machete hung by his side
****
****
Damaris was trying hard to recall the road to the stream.. The last time was here,  she visited the stream with the help and directions of a little girl. Now she was stuck at a crossroad
"i think i took this way the other time"
Damaris said as she chewed her fingers "or did i go this way?? " she looked the other path... Her face showed fear and her heartbeat increased because it was getting dark somehow...
She placed her can on the ground and sat on it with her head bowed down.. She broke into tears... She cried bitterly... She thought of her parents and how they would never let her do this even if she wanted. She prayed for their own safety  well and for their speedy retuen She.  thought of what happened today.. Uncle stanley and the kitchen scene... What kind of person is she living under the same roof with????
Suddenly she heard chatters from afar comming towards her direction.. The voices was closer now and she could see 4 girls with jerry cans too coming to fetch evening water from the stream.... They were all laughing and gisting..
She wiped her eyes, grateful to have found company.. She stood up immediately,  and smiled to the girls

"good evening friends... Please.. I will like to follow you guys along to the stream, actually the road is a little strange to me"

The four girls looked at each other for a while and then burst into laughter

"is this not the daughter of the rich man who killed his mother inlaw?? " one asked the other aloud......" whats she doing with poor girls like us and even going to the stream with a can
Damaris was really hurt

" look at the way she is even dressed like a beggar!!.. Hahahahaha... " the other said...
*******
******
Pharoah was about to launch another stone at a well positioned squirrel eating nuts at the top of a long palm tree when he heard series of laughter coming from an unknown distance... He stopped.... He listened well for the direction of the laughter.. It sounded closer now. He had wandered so deep in the bush and never knew he was now close to the village stream....
Pharoah quietly tip toed to the area the laughters were coming from.
As he approached nearer and hid behind some leaves,  he was so shocked to see someone who quickly made his heart skip a beat...or was it her ghost??...