Who poisoned Grandma

....
Austin looked at Damaris who just finished telling  funny story to he and his wife.... He couldn't even laugh and he couldn't keep a sad face at same time.... He slowly raised his finger and pointed at Dqmaris ...
"you are joking, right? "
" no dad... I'm telling you the truth.... I saw Sandra add some kind of stuff on grandma's food that looked like salt and she...... "
" Then it is salt!!!!. " Austin interrupted as he stood up from the bed and walked slowly to his window looking downstairs... "it is salt Damaris.. How could you think such about a girl who has served your grandma for about 7 years now!!... Demaris how could you... Is it because you guys always  quarrel?... Why should you say this Demaris...!??? "
Betty sat up "Dammy.. That's so mean of you... I mean why would she possibly do that to an old woman??... What's she dragging with her??... She has served your grandmother for years.. Even while we were not with her... Then why would you think she would do this to her.... Hmmm... No Damaris... In this area,  you are wrong " Betty slowly laid down and faced the ceiling.. Staring deep into them
Damaris grew annoyed.. She hated not being believed. Especially when what she was saying was true and important
" no mom!!!!!!!!! " Demaris raised her voice out of anger unknown to her.." believe me... I can't lie to you!! "
Austin looked back at her with a serious face
" Damaris... Leave my room! " He said
Damaris paused...... She couldn't move,  this is the first time her dad would say this and in this manner
" you heard me... I said leave my room right now!!!! " Austin took two steps towards her and she drew three steps backwards...
Tears welled up in her eyes as she stared back at her father. She turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door very hard...
Austin and Betty looked at each other...
" imagine such guts " Austin said
******
******
"and in conclusion lord, we beg you to have mercy upon us in any area we have sinned against you..and continue to supply us with our daily bread..thank you father for been a loving father...in Jesus name...."
"amen"  Nicholas and Pharoah after Dianne's long prayers....the way they rushed the "amen" was a sign that the prayer was too long and the listeners were already exhausted...Dianne always had the habit of prolonging prayers...even when Nicholas would try to dogde giving her the task for closing prayers, she would readily volunteer to pray and most of times, Pharoah and Nicholas would open their eyes and frown at her...they began to think she even remembered the ants in her prayer and every living creatures on earth, interceeding for them too.
"good morning mom, good morning dad" pharoah said as he got up and hugged his mom, giving her a kiss as well. Dianne smiled at his head..
"good morning to you too my son" she replied
Nicholas got irritated
"hey young man!!...remember that is my wife you are kissing that way...i paid her bride price not you!" He said as he saw the scene that made him a little jealous
"and remember dad, that's my mom you are talking about, my first love out of all loves" Pharoah smiled and moved for another kiss
Nicholas quickly pulled his leather slippers and Pharoah fled.
"get out of here now!!..." he threatned to throw the slippers. "if you want kisses go and marry your own wife...not my wife..silly boy" he dropped his slippers...he dipped his hand in his pocket and brought out his snuff box...he opened it and took a pinch and inserted it in his large nostrils....he opened his eyes wide open in effect of the tobacco...
Dianne laughed as she watched the display of her husband towards pharoah their only son.."and why are u laughing??....eeh??" he said still trying to recover from the effect of the tobbaco with his voice cracked...
"you are jealous aren't you??"
"why should i be jealous.. I'm just saying the truth, he should marry if he likes kissing..not my wife"
"hahahahaha........remember Pharoah is now like a husband to me..and i love him with my whole life..."she tried to make him more jealous..
"odinma (is alright)...he should be bearing nicholas from now on" he tried to stand up....
Dianne held his hand and drew him down back to his seat...then she locked lips with him as they kissed for about 30 seconds....
"you are happy now??" She asked as she smiled at him...
The kiss blew nicholas head away...its been a while he had a long kiss from his wife because of his busy schedules ....
"oooh no...why..why...why did you stop Dianne?.."  he asked with his hungry looking lips
"hey respect yourself old man...you are no longer young for this" she smiled as she got up and walked towards the door
"hahahahaha silly woman...dont you know that i am suppose to get the first kiss every morining and not that adopted husband of a son " Nicholas joked while they laughed out loud...
"Eeeheee....sweetheart...any latest news about the Orlu's family death saga??" she asked when she came back and sat down again besides her husband
"hmmm.......darling.....its terrible oo.... We will be going to the village chief this moring...the dead womans younger brother called a meeting, and i heard he is planning to sue the entire family for killing his only surviving sister through food poisoning.."
"hmmmm...nicholas, this is barbaric...but since then Austin  hasn't come here to see the chief or elders to say something at least.....he should have come..how could someone do such to a poor old woman?" Dianne said with a sad look
"the last time i saw him in this village was two months ago when he came with a white jeep with his daughter"
.remember that day that some children chased after a white big jeep??"
"uuummm...yes i remember..i was coming back from Orie market that day" Dianne said
"yea..that was Austin...only God knew why he came...and he left without even going round to greet people to say "hi" at least..." Nicholas sniffed another snuff and closed his box after checking the level he has taken out from it...
"hmmmm...big men and their lifestyle...they always feel insecure....." Dianne slowly got up..."i need to go prepare breakfast"
Nicholas nodded slowly without saying anything or looking at his wife...but stared at the wall...
"hmmm...this life...an inlaw killing his own mother inlaw...God forbid!!" he said slowly to himself
Pharoah who was hiding behind the door all these while listening to their conversation, quickly ran away as he heard his moms footsteps aproaching...
His heart beat increased very fast as he sat under a pear tree in the compound.....so his mind was right afterall...that girl he saw was Damaris......so she was somehow a native of this village... but what is this ugly story he just heard about poisoning??..... Pharoah stared at the ground...and what did his dad just say...that they will all be arrested and jailed??....
"Dammy??" Pharoah asked his confused self