Chap 18 - Familiar

Start from the beginning

"You will get to know eventually." I gritted my teeth in annoyance. His dry answers were making me rethink about my decision. I clenched my fist and walked out though I was very much enticed to stay there and check him out.

Pack members bowed their heads and some stared confusedly as to why I was here. Pretty much everyone knew that something was going on between me and their king. How? No idea but news travels fast. On the way to the kitchen, I caught sight of that man. Ignoring my thoughts, I took an apple from the kitchen counter. The cook offered waffles for breakfast but I denied. Food could wait for I had much more important work to do.

I ran up the stairs to the room where I was staying. Locking the door, I rang Hayden impatiently. Fortunately, he picked up after the third ring.

"Hello." He answered the call. His voice a little raspy probably because he woke up now.

"Hayden, do you know any man with light brown hair and blue eyes from the La luxure pack?" I hurriedly explained his features. His image printed perfectly in my mind.

"There are thousands of people with light brown hair and blue eyes. How do you expect me to recognize him?" He retorted back. Annoyance getting the best of me as I listened to his reasoning. But he was right though.

"I'll try to send you a picture. Check your phone as soon as you can." I ordered him. I could feel his curiosity rise sensing my impatience.

"What's the matter?"

"I don't know. I bumped into this man and he looked oddly familiar to me. I can't get his image out of my head. It feels like I have seen him before but where I can't recall that." I explained my situation and could practically imagine him frowning. The wheels in his head were turning by hearing my words.

"Maybe you are just being paranoid. But send me a picture of his. Let me see if I recognize him or not." He pacified me and I nodded my head.

"I'll see what I can do." With that, I cut the call and postered myself. The thumping of my heart increasing with each passing second. The stinging pain in my waist was long forgotten.

With hope in my heart, I ran down the stairs steadily to where I last saw him in the hall. Hopefully, he will be there. I looked around the hall which was filled with pack members and little children starting from newborns to toddlers. Scanning the area as unsuspiciously as I could, I felt regret fill me for not catching sight of him. I was passing across the kitchen when I see him taking something out from the fridge. I unlocked my phone and went to the camera pretending to work. Everyone in the kitchen were hustling. So none noticed my presence. Stealthily, I snapped a picture of his near the fridge without him noticing.

I then went on to tell one of the maids to make waffles for me who obediently bowed her head and informed the cook. On the way out, I made eye contact with him taking in his features. I left the kitchen running back to my room which I instantly regretted as pain burst through my waist. Closing the door, I quickly sent the picture to Hayden which he saw immediately. Within a few moments, my phone started ringing showing Hayden as the caller ID.

"Do you recognize him?" I asked impatiently.

"No." He answered and regret filled my heart.

"Damn it." Cursing under my breath, I racked through my brain in hope that I will remember where I saw him.

"What's his name though? I could gather information about him."

"I don't know."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Why does he look familiar to you?"

"His features and voice are too familiar to be ignored. I don't know where I saw him before. But I have definitely met him." I huffed in annoyance.

"Alright. Don't stress yourself. I'll see what I can do. Let me ask Eyana about him." He tried to calm me down but it was futile.

"Let me know as soon as possible." I cut the call and just then a knock interrupted the silence of the room.

"Come in." I ordered and the door opened to reveal the maid whom I had told about the waffles. She timidly smiled with a tray in her hand. She placed the tray on the bed infront of me and left closing the door behind her. My appetite was long gone but I had to eat in order to recover. With that in my mind, I started stuffing my mouth with the delicious waffles. His face lingering at the back of my mind.

***********

Hi, readers! A late update for you beautiful people. Who do you think this man is? What do you think of this chapter. Let me know in the comments.

Vote and comment.

Love
Ishtara❤️