This will be a fresh experience, Clara thought with a happy smile. An exciting experience. So, with a deep breath, she looked down to grab the last of her things only to falter when she saw Fitz's dumped things on top of it, "Ugh, Fitz!" she let out, picking up the case. She went to set it aside, but he saw her and came running out of the lab with a, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, watch it!" He took it from her, and Clara rolled her eyes. "That's the Night-Night Gun!"

    Clara just picked up the bag that was underneath, "Yeah, well, it's on my stuff━oh, and it doesn't work, so..." she brushed past him and towards the lab. Another thought crossed her mind. She glanced back. "And there is no way we're calling it that."

    In the lab, Simmons sighed, already knowing what will happen. Fitz followed after Clara, with an annoyed, "The bullets work!" he brandished the casings in her face. "Non-lethal, heavy stopping power, break up under the subcutaneous tissue━"

    "Oh, please, with only a dose of point-one microliters of dendrotoxin," she set her bags down near the medical bed. "I'm not Hermione Granger, I can't create instant paralysis with that━not even with Simmons!"

    "Don't bring me into this," Jemma gave her a look, rushing out to grab another luggage bag full of her things.

    Fitz threw his hands up, exasperated, "The bullets are hollow━"

    "━You should have run the specs by us before building the moulds━" continued Clara, she was bringing Simmons into this, she had no choice, she will help her win this argument.

    All the while Fitz pointed angrily to his gun, "━it's a marvel I can keep them from breaking apart in the chamber━"

    "━Or used a higher caliber round━" she spun around to face him, off on a tangent. He just narrowed his eyes at her━

    "━have you ever heard of physics━?" Fitz pointed at her, and she scoffed.

    "━Oh, I know what you could have done," Clara raised her voice over his, "how about read a book━?"

    He just raised his too, "━or what's the other one? Inertia--?"

    Thump!

    Their argument immediately stopped at the sound of a bag hitting the floor. Jemma walked back into the lab, sighed, "Thank God," and set her final bag next to Fitz's Night-Night Gun case. They turned to look at the source of the sound, and Clara's brows jumped to see quite a tall, broad-shouldered man dressed toe-to-neck in a black suit. He must be their specialist, Agent Grant Ward. Black hair, dark eyes, brooding brows━yes, definitely a specialist.

    "Fitz-Roy-Simmons?" he asked, and they introduced themselves.

    "Fitz," Clara pointed to her best friend.

    "Roy, Simmons," he finished, gesturing to the girls. "I'm engineering, they're ..." he narrowed his gaze, shaking his head. "Medical and biochem," he finished as if they were the worst fields to be in. Simmons and Roy just scoffed, shaking their heads and rolling their eyes. "Agent Ward?" he guessed, and the specialist nodded.

    Reaching in his suit jacket, he pulled out a small black comm receiver. Clara━knowing what he wanted━was too lazy to unzip her own bag, so she reached into Simmons's box of cell dishes and cotton swabs (quickly so she wouldn't notice). Ward walked up to Fitz with the receiver held out in front of him. "Coulson said I'd need my comm receiver encoded." Fitz took it, looking it over before heading to his desk. "I don't know if you've worked with that model before. It's━" slam! Fitz brought a hammer down, breaking it apart. Ward pursed his lips. "━brand new..."

𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋,      leo fitzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें