Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Opiiiiiiii! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaatch!" Starscream wailed at the top of his vocalizer the moment he woke from recharge in a crib with neither of the mechs in sight. The Seekerling was purely terrified about being left alone in the dark.

Megatron and Knockout also woke, making softer whimpers. They had no idea what was going on. Did they need to be crying, too? Knockout sniffled, also a little lonely. Megatron was the only one who had never been attached to anyone even since his creation. He was not created to be part of a family, but as another worker.

"What in the Pit is going on here?!" Ratchet snarled, bursting into the sparking's room with blazing blue optics. "You will wake the entire base with that infernal sobbing!"

Knockout hushed his sniffling and stood up to see Ratchet better, red optics curious. He got his right arm through the bars of the crib and squeaked when he found himself stuck trying to latch onto the older mech. Ratchet saw the thrashing sports car and groaned. This was why he hated sparklings sometimes...

"Primus help you, Knockout." he muttered, shaking his helm. He always knew Knockout was foolish and the ailment of doing idiotic things seemed to have been programmed into him since creation.

"Ratch!" Starscream squeaked, instantly brightening when he knew someone had come to save him. He opened his spindly arms and made a soft chittering, wings flicking upwards and back with joy.

"You cannot cry every time someone isn't with you!" Ratchet scolded, glaring. He was not impressed with the little thing after he had woken him from his much needed recharge. Starscream's wings faltered for a moment, but he still smiled.

"Ratch, where's Oppy?"

Ratchet rolled his optics. Great. The little demon creature had created a new nickname for the Prime.

"He is trying to recharge! You upset him by waking him up! And you upset me, too!" the grouchy medic snapped, mood remaining irate and loud.

Starscream's lip quivered for a moment and his wings drooped as low as they could in shame. For a moment he just stared pleadingly up at Ratchet, as if asking for some kind of consolation. He hadn't meant to be bad...

Ratchet ignored the sparkling when another figure stormed into the room. It was Arcee looking livid as ever. Her optics locked on Starscream's crib and she grit her dentas. Who else would it be that could so thoroughly ruin her recharge at some ungodly hour?! Starscream spotted her and clapped his servos together.

"MAMA!" he shrieked, fear gone in a flash.

"I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER, YOU LITTLE SLAG!" Arcee snarled, tense all over. "YOU RUINED MY RECHARGE!"

Starscream backed up to the farthest corner of his crib and watched her closely, hurt pooling in his tiny red optics. She and Ratch were angry with him now because he had talked to them...maybe he shouldn't make noise anymore.

Starscream curled up, hugging his legs to his chest plating as he pressed into the far corner, washer fluid tears starting to roll down his faceplate. He was so scared, the only one who liked him out of sight. He had no clue as to where Oppy was. Megatron mewled softly in his crib, sensing his companion was upset through an invisible bond that had never been broken.

"Arcee, you can't be that loud with them. Most of all Starscream." Ratchet growled, seeing the effect it had had on the sparkling. Arcee snorted.

"Are you siding with the Decepticons? After all they did to you?! Ratchet, they murder and they ruin everything they touch! Yelling at them is so little compared to what I want to do. If only they were back to being adults!"

"They are horrible at times, but they aren't entirely evil. They truly are sparklings, not their older selves."

"It doesn't matter to me. They took Tailgate and then they took Cliff. That's all I need to know to make them pay." Arcee hissed like a vicious she-cat. The medic sighed, shaking his helm.

"I think we should call Optimus. Starscream's upset and probably will cry again once we go." Ratchet pointed out, seeing the little Seekerling sobbing quietly back in his crib. His concerns were waved away by a dismissive servo.

"They do not need anyone tonight. Optimus needs his recharge more than any of us." she said firmly, leading the way out of the room with Ratchet following. He held a hint of reluctance, but shook off the feeling right away. Arcee was right. They were Decepticons either way-whether they were in sparkling form or not.

"Starscream?" Megatron asked softly, clambering out of his crib and teetering on the edge. Starscream sniffled softly in reply, faceplate covered in tears.

Megatron jumped from his crib to Starscream's, claws digging into the side as he hauled himself up and over the bars. The moment he landed, Starscream was cuddled up beside him with his wings pressed as close as they could get to his back. Megatron hugged him tight, blue optics warm and compassionate, quite the opposite of when he grew older.

"Mama's mad at me...so is Ratch."

"I'm here. We can be friends." Megatron said cutely, resting his helm on Starscream's shoulder. "We can always be friends!"

"Promise?" Starscream whimpered, wiping his tears away with tiny claws. Megatron grinned.

"Promise!"

With that said, the two sparklings settled down together in the crib. Starscream lay curled up against his former mate while Megatron held him close in a protective manner. Even if no one else cared, they at least had one another to take comfort in.