ELEVEN: finally free

╔══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER  ELEVEN:
finally free

╚══════   °• ♖ •°   ══════╝

HERE'S THE BAD news: Julie had been grounded to her room for the night as a result of skipping the first three classes of the day and missing a calculus test (which was totally impossible when Emilia took it, by the way), and had frantically texted Emilia of the situation. Emilia didn't know if she could perform without Julie, especially after everything they had rehearsed.

But as the boys appeared her bedroom while she was applying lip gloss, she felt her nervousness slightly fade.

"Please tell me you convinced Julie to come," Emilia pleaded once she saw them through her mirror.

She twisted the top back onto the lip gloss tube and turned to them. Luke was staring at her with wide eyes and a red-tinted face.

Emilia frowned. "What?"

He shook himself out of his thoughts. "Oh, uh, nothing. Y-Your outfit."

She looked down. Emilia was clad in a red crop top, blue mom jeans with a black belt, and her black high-top Converse. Her hair was securely tied back in in a half-up half-down.

"Is it too much?" she asked.

"No," Luke rushed out. "No, Lia, I was gonna say . . . you look really good."

Her face burned from the compliment. "Oh. Um, thank you." She looked at him for a moment longer before snapping her head to Alex. "Anyways, once again, did you convince Julie to come?"

"Yeah, she's sneaking out," Alex answered.

Emilia blinked. "Well, all right then." A knock was then heard at the door, and she turned to look at it. "One second, Apollo!"

"It's not Apollo," a familiar voice replied.

Emilia froze. Her entire face paled and she slowly straightened up. Feelings and thoughts swirled through her heart and mind as she stared at the door in disbelief.

"Lia?" Luke questioned. "Woah, Emilia, what's wrong?"

Emilia ignored them. She took a tentative step forwards towards her door. Emilia reached out her hand to the doorknob, retracted it for a second, and then finally grasped it. She swung open her door, and standing on the other side was her parents, whom she hadn't seen in over two months.