FOUR: bright

╔══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER FOUR:
bright

╚══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╝

EMILIA WALKED DOWN the steps of Julie's house with Julie right behind her. The two had been doing homework for hours on end and Julie wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while Emilia needed a glass of water since her mouth was dry. They were singing song lyrics at the top of their lungs together, something that they used to do but stopped after Julie's mom passed away.

She turned the corner, but immediately let out a small shriek at the sight of Luke staring wistfully into Julie's fridge. Emilia sighed and she felt her body lose its tension upon realizing it was just him.

"You guys just showing up in places is something I will never get used to," Emilia admitted, pressing up on her toes to get a glass from the cabinet.

Julie peered over Luke's shoulder into the fridge. "Do you guys even eat?"

Luke shook his head. "I just wanna see what'cha got."

Julie grabbed the jelly and shut the fridge, the door passing right through Luke's body.

"Hey!" Luke protested. "You know how long it took me to open that?"

Emilia shook her head with a small laugh as she filled up her glass with water. Once it was full, she walked over to the island and leaned her hip against it. She took a sip, and it immediately made her feel better.

"Sorry, I don't believe in wasting power," Julie told him.

"Good, because that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about," Luke revealed, walking around Julie and standing next to Emilia.

Julie stared up at him. "Our power usage?"

"No. The power that you have." Julie gave him a confused look, so he continued. "Your voice. Your piano playing. Dude, you're like a human wrecking ball."

Julie lightly chuckled. "Is this a pep talk?"

"What I'm saying is that you have the power to move people. To knock them off their feet. And there is no way your teachers wouldn't let you back into school if they heard you play like that."

"I asked her, and she said I have to wait until next semester."

"That was your first mistake," Luke scoffed in distaste. "Asking."