TWO: bad day

╔══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╗

𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

CHAPTER TWO:
bad day

╚══════ °• ♖ •° ══════╝

STILL A LITTLE shaken up by her literal paranormal experience involving three cute ghost boys from the 90's, Emilia sat stiffly at the dinner table next to Apollo. She rested her chin in the palm of her hand and pushed her spaghetti around with her fork. It seemed as if her whole appetite left her. Those cute ghost boys made her a little nervous, and when she's nervous, her stomach twists and turns.

"Are you all right, Emilia?" Ray questioned.

"Hmm?" Emilia hummed, looking up. "Oh, uh, yeah, I'm okay. Just not that hungry, I guess."

Ray raised an eyebrow. "Apollo told me he found you and Julie in the studio."

"Yeah, they were talking, but it didn't seem to be directed towards each other," Apollo agreed.

Julie laughed slightly. "We were just reading out some lines for a play."

"Hello, hello!" a woman's voice called.

Everybody at the table stopped eating with wide eyes. It was Julie's Tía Victoria, who frequently came over. She was the one who was encouraging Ray to sell the house and try to urge them to move on from Julie's mom's passing.

"Oh, busted!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Yeah, we're in here!" Ray yelled before lowering his voice. "Quick."

Emilia, Apollo, Julie, Carlos, and Ray all scrambled to hide the spot at the table that they had set for Julie's mom. Once the spot was completely cleared, all of them went back to eating like normal. And Emilia, well, she just went back to sipping her glass of water.

Tía Victoria exhaled loudly as she walked into the kitchen. "Spaghetti? Again? Oh, hello Emilia and Apollo."

Emilia smiled at her. "Hi, Miss Victoria. How are you?"

"I'm very good querida, thank you for asking," she replied as she put a dish in the fridge. "I would be better, though, if you were eating my pasteles and arroz con pollo."

"That sounds delicious, Miss Victoria," Apollo voiced.

Julia nodded in agreement. "Thanks, Tía. It smells great."