"Absolutely marvellous, Prongs!"

Lily flinched, startled. Sev's head started drooping towards the ground accordingly. With a soft "bugger", Lily gingerly rearranged his perch on her shoulder.

"Naturally. Hey, man, I'll be stopping by here for a bit. Frank needs something for the report."

"This late?"

"I would've passed by earlier if you hadn't been so pushy, you git."

"Poor Prongsie, getting all cranky!"

"Oh, sod off, do, Padfoot. S'later."

Judging by the timbre of the voices and the approaching footsteps, Lily assumed with copious amounts of hope that it was a boy headed this way. With a hand cradling Sev's head, she leaned forward to peer at the corner.

A few seconds later, a tall figure, silhouetted by the lamplight, appeared. Definitely a man's figure.

"Hey!" Lily called out. "Uhm, help?"

The figure fell into the light. "Yeah?"

Oh god. This wasn't happening.

Coffee Guy.

"W-well," Lily said, hoping she didn't sound like a complete idiot. "My friend here – " she gestured over her shoulder – "kind of. Yeah. Uhm. Room 203?"

He laughed. His eyes looked golden in the lamplight. "I reckon you need me to bring him there?" Without waiting for an answer, he reached down, slinging one of Sev's arms over his shoulder. "Needed to get in there anyway."

Lily tried to stand, but swayed on her feet. Coffee Guy laid a hand on her shoulder, guiding her back to the bench.

Such a warm hand.

"You're not going anywhere, beautiful," he said. "I'll just get this bloke up there and see you in a bit, yeah?" He winked, before, Sev in tow, heading off to the building.

God, was he sexy.

Lily rolled her head back, looking into the night sky but seeing nothing. A few minutes later, she heard Coffee Guy's easy shuffle.

"I was hoping you wouldn't disappear," he said. He elegantly threw himself into the seat beside her. The momentum left his glasses crooked. "Where are you spending the night?"

"Dorms?" Lily said weakly.

Coffee Guy raised an eyebrow. "That's on the opposite end of campus, Miss Evans."

Lily's head whipped up. "You know me?"

He ran a hand through his hair. Yes, yes, yes. "I think every self-respecting bloke on campus knows you, Lily."

Lily gave a dry laugh. And ignored the breakneck speed her heartbeat had taken on. "Funny. Right."

Coffee Guy rolled his eyes. Leaning down, he scooped up the abandoned, empty bottles of Jägermeister. "I didn't take you for a Jäger bird."

"Sev's favorite," she said, shrugging.

From his lazy position in the bench, Coffee Guy hurled the bottles into the nearest bin. He didn't miss once. "So, you and Snape, eh?"

Lily shook her head insistently. "No, no. Known him since I was ten."

He grinned devilishly. "Absolutely nothing, then? Not even a pre-pubescent kiss?"

She groaned. "No, not at all. Unless the cheek counts."

Coffee Guy brightened. He stood, the manic grin never wavering. He stretched his arm towards her. "Come on, let's get you back."