Chapter 14

After the hour we had alone together there, we said goodbye to Leo before leaving. “Thank you for taking me there. I had so much fun!” Demi says grinning once I get in my seat. I smile, “Of course. Anything for you. Now we have a few more stops to make before the beach.” Demi raises an eyebrow, “Are you going to tell me what these places are?” I shake my head, “Nope.” Demi pouts as I pull out of the parking lot and begin driving to where we were going to have lunch.

“And, here we are,” I say, pulling into the parking lot of Chick-fil-a. “I don’t think I’ve ever had Chick-fil-a,” Demi says once she sees the building. I grin, “I know. That’s why I’m getting you the best fast food chicken ever. You’re going to have to trust me on what to order okay, babe?” Demi grins and blushes at the nickname, “Okay. Why don’t you surprise me?” Smiling, I nod, “Wait in the car, sweetheart.” She nods and I get out before walking into the small building, the scent of fried chicken filling the air. Luckily there was no line, so I stepped behind the counter, glancing at the menu for a moment. “Can I help you?” asks the lady at the counter, looking bored. I look at her, “Um, yeah. Can I have two orders of your four piece chicken strips with fries, two waters, and two vanilla milkshakes, please?”

        The lady nods before looking up to meet my eyes. She looked shocked for a moment before smiling sweetly, “Yes, that’ll be $20 and an autograph, please?” I grin, “Alright, here.” I hand her a 20 and signed her phone case, thanking her before going to wait for my order. “I’m a huge fan of your food. I have been to your place a couple of times,” she says, picking up a conversation with me as the place was pretty empty. I blush, “Thank you. What’s your name?” She smiles, “Carmen.” I smile, “It’s good to know that I have fans out there. I’ll let you in on a little secret.” Carmen leans over the counter, eagerly. “I got signed to be on the Food Network,” I whisper and she squeals. “OH MY GOD!!!!” she squeaks. I laugh, “I’m really excited to start. Please don’t say anything yet.” Carmen nods, “Of course not.” I pull out my phone after a moment, “Do you have a twitter?” She nods, “Yeah it’s @ramencarmen.” (I apologize if it’s an existing twitter) I laugh at her twitter name, “That’s creative.” I follow her before putting my phone away. “Number 8,” calls a person from the kitchen and I take up my order before smiling at Carmen and walking out the door to go back to Demi.

        “Wow, the food smells really good,” Demi comments. I smile, setting the food on the back seat before getting the milkshakes put into the cupholders and then getting inside myself. “Taste the milkshake,” I say eagerly to her as I pull out to drive to our next destination, the park that I had taken her on our first date. She smiles at my eagerness before placing the straw between her lips, taking a sip. “Holy crap that was amazing,” Demi says after tasting it. I laugh and she sips on hers for a little, silence filling the car. We arrive at the park and Demi notices where we are, smiling at me fondly.  We get out and I have Demi carry the milkshakes and water while I carry our food and my drawstring bag that was on my back.

We grab a picnic table and sit across from each other. I give her the fries and chicken and a few napkins before pulling out my own food. “Careful, babe, they make the chicken really hot,” I warn her and she laughs. “I’m sure it’ll be fine,” Demi says before attempting the pick up the chicken only to burn her fingers a little. She hisses a little and I giggle a little, “I told you, baby.” Demi pouts and I take her fingers in my hand, kissing the tips of each finger. “All better?” I ask, smiling. Demi nods, “Yes, thank you. I guess I should wait then, huh?” I nod and slide off my drawstring bag from my back and opening it. Should I give it to her? I glance at Demi who was watching a pair of swans gliding the large pond next to us. “Hey, Dems?” I ask softly.