Chapter 10

Raven's P.O.V

I take a shower once I get home and put on my usual sports bra and pajama shorts. When I come out, I head downstairs to cook dinner, deciding on making homemade mac and cheese, not the disgusting fake kind. When I finish, I place the mac and cheese on the table with three empty plates, forks, knives, and spoons. Then I put a bowl of bread rolls, cooked string beans, and three cans of Root Beer on the table. Just as I was about to call the boys down, they walk in, sniffing hungrily at the food. I chuckle and ask, “Couldn’t wait for me to call you down?” They smirk as they put food onto their plates. I walk over to the calendar on the bulletin board to see that today is July 30th. Wow, time flies when you hang out with Demi a lot. Her birthday is on the 20th of August and I have to plan something special for her. I’ll think about it later.

            I sit with the boys and we eat our dinner, talking about random stuff. “Hey, guys, do you have any ideas for Demi’s birthday on August 20th?” I ask. They both think for a moment. “We could throw a party”, Kevin suggests. “But, that’s so predictable. What do you think, Jason?” I ask him. “What if it was a special kind of party?” Jason suggests. I raise an eyebrow and he continues, “We could do a surprise party on the beach or something since it will still be summer.” I grin, “Yes! Thank you so much guys! I’ll phone Dallas to tell everyone except Demi.” They nod and I find Dallas’s number in my contacts before putting us on speaker. The phone rings and eventually Dallas picks up, “Hello?” I smile, “Hey, Dallas, it is Raven, Kevin, and his boyfriend, Jason. Are you alone at the moment?”

            “Um, yeah, hang on”, she says and we hear rustling in the background and a door close. “So, what’s up?” Dallas asks. “Well, I looked at the calendar and noticed that Demi’s birthday is coming up. We were thinking about having a surprise party on the beach, what do you think?” I asked nervously. “Oh my gosh, that is so awesome!” Dallas exclaims. “Really? Tell Maddie and your parents, but make sure to be careful around Demi, she can’t know. We can discuss plans over the phone or in person when Demi is at an interview or something”, I explain. “I promise. You can start on planning a little tonight if you want and we can talk tomorrow after you and Demi’s interview”, Dallas suggests. “Yeah, see you then. ‘Night”, I say. “Goodnight”, she responds before hanging up. Kevin and I glance at each other before standing up and dancing victoriously. Jason laughs at us before joining in. After dinner, I decide to go to bed early, nervous for the big day tomorrow when she makes an announcement on Ellen’s show.

            Beeps…beep…beep I groan as I hit the off button on my alarm clock. I roll over, falling off my bed with a loud thump. “You okay in there, Ray?” Kevin calls. He was coming to give Demi and I moral support. I groan in response and he laughs at me from down the hall. After hopping into the shower, I quickly cleaned myself before getting out of my shower and dry myself with my towel. I walk to my closet and decide to wear something more professional. So, I choose a black blouse with a dark red ruffled skirt that ended right above my knees and white ballet flats with a tiny gold bow on the toe part of each of them. I make sure that I have my ring on to comfort me as well. I curl my hair neatly and carefully put on a light amount of make up. When I finish, I grab my purse and phone before making my way downstairs.

            “Wow, Raven, you look magnifico”, Kevin says sweetly with a soft smile. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. “Thank you, Kevin. You don’t look so bad yourself”, I complimented with a smile. Kevin was wearing a white polo shirt and black dress pants with a dark purple tie. The doorbell rings and we go to answer it to reveal my gorgeous girlfriend and her bodyguard, Max. Demi was wearing a strapless plain black pencil skirt dress that hugged her curves, silvery heels, and her hair straightened. Damn she’s sexy. My eyes meet hers and she smirks at me, knowing I was checking her out. I blush and look away from her as I ask, “Let’s go?” Everyone nods and we walk to the limo that was prepared for us.